Amelia the Flying Nun

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugzy4Lady

Reaction score
As some of you may remember when I got my most recent three NZW does the one went crazy when I opened the door, jumped out and received a bloody nose. Now about two weeks later she has developed a large bump on her nose. Any ideas if this is related to the "jump to freedom" or is it possibly something else?

it probably is related-- a sort of injury abcess or hematoma. IS she breathing Okay? Are her eyes draining properly? You can try willow to help reduce swelling, and do check her temp...

willow-- give her some willow twigs to supply her with a natural form of aspirin to reduce inflammation-- the normal temp range for a rabbit is 101-103 deg F

Also, do check to seeif the bump is hard or soft, BUT-- DO NOT push on it hard-- check incisors for cracks,a s well. I had, at one time, a doe whose incisor had chipped and cracked-- an infection followed the crack, and resulted in a blocked lacrimal duct. the resulting appearance and processes could get real nasty looking-- yu may want to start a curse of antibiotics-- tetracycline based- especiallyif the doe is a keeper for your breeding plans..

If you don't have any willow trees to harvest from, you can buy willow bark in capsule form at a health food store. They also have many other dried herbs that we use for rabbits.

I hope Amelia Harehart the Flying Nun will be feeling better soon!

Latest posts

Back