all otters??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Buns

Reaction score
Broken blue holland lop dam, broken fawn holland lop sire.

Other litters from the dam x broken orange sire produced broken blue, broken orange. First litter with the broken fawn as sire.

I thought we had 3 broken blue, 1 broken fawn and 1 solid blue otter but now I'm thinking there are 3 broken blue otters. Can anyone confirm?

Also, the broken fawn (has a boogey nest box nose) but also darker markings on nose and eyes, still broken fawn or indicative of some other color?

Thank you

first broken blue (otter) kit

1.jpg11.jpg111.jpg

second broken blue (otter) kit
2.jpg22.jpg222.jpg

__________ Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:02 pm __________

third broken blue (otter) kit

333.jpg33.jpg3.jpg

__________ Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:03 pm __________

broken fawn kit

4.jpg44.jpg444.jpg

__________ Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:04 pm __________

solid blue otter kit

5.jpg

I'm seeing fawn and opals (blue agouti).
Blue crossed to fawn will give you these colors.

Opals often look a lot like blue otters, but they will have tan ticking in their fur and will show a tawny ring when their fur is blown into. Opals usually have more cream colored markings on the tops of their feet too, which is what I usually look for in pics since I can't blow into the coat. ;)

Zass":1wyx8use said:
Opals often look a lot like blue otters, but they will have tan ticking in their fur and will show a tawny ring when their fur is blown into. Opals usually have more cream colored markings on the tops of their feet too, which is what I usually look for in pics since I can't blow into the coat. ;)

I'll go and blow on some coats and see what I get.

Tiny Buns":16y2470z said:
Zass":16y2470z said:

I'll go and blow on some coats and see what I get.

This comment made me LOL for some reason :lol:

They are cuties! I love blue anything - such a pretty color!

Hahaha I told my husband I needed to blow [on] some rabbits ;)

Apparently you're not the only one to find that funny, but we have twisted humor at our house. ;)

Latest posts

Back