A Craig's listing to read :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too

I've already got people wanting me to sell them rabbits for Easter, someone wants me to ship a bunny to Newfoundland :shock: a 36+ hour car trip from my area :shock:

Sorry, but no - I don't care if your sister is a veterinarian, I'm not putting one of my bunnies through that :shrug:

Love it..I'm tempted to email it to myself and post it on all the Craig's list in Arizona. I think we should all do it.. ;) Maybe educate some people....but then again people are not so bright.. :roll:

Looks like a blue tort Holland Lop? ;)

I might snag it and repost. Kind of ironic since I have babies for sale right now, but I'm working hard to try and find responsible homes for them.

I don't necessarily agree with everything the ad says, either. Some bunnies DO like to be cuddled, well, sort of. They can make really good pets IF you make the effort to meet their needs. In general though, it's a good thing for people to read if they're considering 'an Easter bunny'. :p

I like it. (and my guess is black based tort) I've reached a point where I'm ready to completely refuse sale to homes with younger children, because people have this mistaken image of rabbits as some kind of cuddly living toy that can cause no harm...

katiebear":2fd4azba said:
Love it..I'm tempted to email it to myself and post it on all the Craig's list in Arizona. I think we should all do it.. ;) Maybe educate some people....but then again people are not so bright.. :roll:

:yeahthat: except in Washington. However I am not sure how well received it would be.

I bought a mini Rex and some chicks for my kids for Easter soon after we first moved here- Queenpup was maybe two, and Colliepup around four, maybe.

She was a beautiful little bunny- Queenpup named her "Jewel"- and they were wonderful with her... so I am not totally against animals as holiday gifts, as long as they are going to responsible homes that have put some thought into it and just want to make a holiday that much more memorable for their families.

Impulse buyers are a bad deal at any time, and don't confine their buying habits to just holidays... so you need to weed out those people all year long.

True, but they really come out of the wood work during the holidays :(

:shrug: I copy and paste my standard pre-purchase questions and 9 times out of 10 I don't get a response at this time of year (and Christmas :mrgreen: )

MamaSheepdog":1nov283j said:
I bought a mini Rex and some chicks for my kids for Easter soon after we first moved here- Queenpup was maybe two, and Colliepup around four, maybe.

She was a beautiful little bunny- Queenpup named her "Jewel"- and they were wonderful with her... so I am not totally against animals as holiday gifts, as long as they are going to responsible homes that have put some thought into it and just want to make a holiday that much more memorable for their families.

Impulse buyers are a bad deal at any time, and don't confine their buying habits to just holidays... so you need to weed out those people all year long.

these days I would not even think about selling anyone a "pet" [of any kind] for easter, -- but-back when I did sell rabbits-- ,I could sort out the defective buyers easily,because most of them started baby-talking to the "bunnies" [and their children, ]as soon as they were getting close to the rabbitry .
those kind of people almost always have "emotional / psychological problems" that negatively effect the life of the "pet". -- as soon as the baby-talking started I would just tell them I was not going to show them any more rabbits and I was not going to sell them anything... the parents who talked to their kids like a child psychologist, reviewing the child's "supposed unacceptable behavior " were also asked to leave.

MamaSheepdog":2yje3xri said:

Agreed!! :)

Recently had to do some weeding...young lady bought 2 rabbits from some friends, and was waiting for some does from me to grow out. After a month, she advised me she was selling out of all rabbits due to expenses. Three hours later, she wanted one of the does again. Yeah....no.

ilovehome":1k3iagbx said:
Recently had to do some weeding...young lady bought 2 rabbits from some friends, and was waiting for some does from me to grow out. After a month, she advised me she was selling out of all rabbits due to expenses. Three hours later, she wanted one of the does again. Yeah....no.

*facepalm*

it just might be where I live but I never have this problem. 1 out of 10 of my buyers want a rabbit for a pet; I think it's because I live it a farming community that is used to looking at animals as food and not just pets. So most of the rabbits I sale are for meat; though there are plenty of kids that want 4-H bunnies and I've started that this year.

EnglishSpot":1rsxyl2r said:
"I want one 216-***-****" was one of my replies off CL.

That's quite common. Sometimes I put in my ads that I will not respond to requests of only "call me" or asking for my number. You can converse over the phone after I decide to meet up for buying/selling an animal or in the case of situations that need a lot of details quickly. Sometimes I get people who aren't online a lot and are driving all day in to my area so they have a reason they want to talk it out over the phone or text instead of email or facebook message.

Latest posts

Back