So excited! New barn in the works...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneAcreFarm

Reaction score
So, I ordered the carport and it should be up in two weeks or so...

MetalShelter_Pankow30_18_6.png

and we will have four rows of cages like this...

Four Rows.jpg

It will be 18' wide by 31' long.

Suggestion: Put the two middle rows back-to-back. You'll have two aisles, instead of three, that will be half again as wide.

Grumpy.

grumpy":23gstxsv said:
Suggestion: Put the two middle rows back-to-back. You'll have two aisles, instead of three, that will be half again as wide.

Grumpy.

Yep, that is what we are doing! I did not realize that I had left that empty row in there.... it will give us two 4ft aisles.

trinityoaks":2qmtu54a said:
Cool! What are you doing to the sides?

It will have half walls, from the top to about midway, then we will put either pvc lattice or wire around the bottom portion to keep out critters.

OneAcreFarm":3jdxtyyg said:
trinityoaks":3jdxtyyg said:
Cool! What are you doing to the sides?

we will put either pvc lattice or wire around the bottom portion to keep out critters.

I was wondering about this yesterday on our return home from town! Have those nasty dogs been back?

If you use wire, you could let the bunrabs out to romp around while you do chores. My growout cages are currently in the pen we built last year for our mare to foal in, and with a little work to block gaps between the fencing and the dirt I will have a huge play area for the bunnies!

:bunnyhop: :pancake: Whee! :pancake: :bunnyhop:

I am optimistic that if they are only out for short periods they will be too busy playing to start any major excavation projects. :roll:

:lol: MSD - Don't count on it ... I have 2 play pens that the adults get to run in each day and they seem to love to dig in the corners of the pen ... especially if it is mostly bare dirt and nice and moist :lol:

I usually take a break from working and sit down to keep an eye on the adult until it settles down from the digging.

That place you ordered from seems to have pretty good prices. And free delivery and installation to boot!

Now I'm designing and drooling over one of my own. I'm hoping that once we get our own place again, I can sweet-talk hubby into letting me order it. The one I want is 15x24, with a gable front and closed back with windows. I'll put lattice along the front (leaving a doorway) and sides, and in the back I want to enclose a small area for feed storage, grooming, and processing (ideally with sinks and electricity). Flooring will be dirt with paving-block walkways. I'm also hoping to set up an automated watering system. I'm planning for 24 holes, with room down the middle for another 12 holes if necessary.

trinityoaks":2texo12w said:
That place you ordered from seems to have pretty good prices. And free delivery and installation to boot!

Now I'm designing and drooling over one of my own. I'm hoping that once we get our own place again, I can sweet-talk hubby into letting me order it. The one I want is 15x24, with a gable front and closed back with windows. I'll put lattice along the front (leaving a doorway) and sides, and in the back I want to enclose a small area for feed storage, grooming, and processing (ideally with sinks and electricity). Flooring will be dirt with paving-block walkways. I'm also hoping to set up an automated watering system. I'm planning for 24 holes, with room down the middle for another 12 holes if necessary.

I actually ended up going with a different company that has even better prices. If you want, I can send you the info Trinity.

Your idea sounds very nice...

OneAcreFarm":1uz0rk3n said:
I actually ended up going with a different company that has even better prices. If you want, I can send you the info Trinity.
Yes, I would like that! Can't wait to come and see your barn!

Great! We used that same company for our carport turned barn. Just a word of warning - it heats up like an oven. We have full walls on 3 sides, though.

I want to get another with the back 1/4 enclosed to keep feed and extra cages. 1/2 walls would be nice to shield from the elements, but give plenty ventilation. Take pictures when they install it!

Emily":1qtm23fw said:
Great! We used that same company for our carport turned barn. Just a word of warning - it heats up like an oven. We have full walls on 3 sides, though.

I want to get another with the back 1/4 enclosed to keep feed and extra cages. 1/2 walls would be nice to shield from the elements, but give plenty ventilation. Take pictures when they install it!

I plan on also putting reflective insulation under the roof and against the half walls to help keep the heat out. It will be in a shady area and will good wind flow so I think it will work well. I also plan on putting in some kind of shade plants...thanks for the tip!

Sorry to resurrect, but what company did you end up using? I had been looking at the company that you posted. If there's a better price, I'm all for it!

Latest posts

Back