Who's going to Louisville, Ky this weekend?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lastfling

Reaction score
I plan on heading out Friday morning. I'm going to start prepping carriers tonight so hopefully by Thursday night all I'll need to do is add rabbits, kick the tires, and light the fire come Friday morning! This will be my first breed nationals, so I'm looking forward to it. It's a shame there's not an "as the crow flys route". As it is I've got to head North to Charleston, WV before turning West for Kentucky. The alternative is a lot of two lane through the mountains - No thanks!.

We are heading down from Northern Ohio...Our granddaughter shows N dwarfs. Taking some nice cals and Nz juniors for sale too! Can't wait to get our new dwarfs we bought!!!

I know nothing about the bluegrass area other than having heard the term. Is that good, bad, scenic or what? Poor guy would probably be a better fit. ;)

The Kentucky State Rabbit Breeders Assoc is hosting a show this weekend Saturday / Sunday in Louisville at the State Fairgrounds. Saturday there will be quite a few different breed national shows and on Sunday the Kentucky State RBA is holding a double open / youth show. Information can be found on the ARBA website under shows as to which breeds are holding Nationals. I know Tans are, which is what I raise and show.

I'll be going to the clinic they are holding I believe at 7pm on Friday....then I'll be showing 2 mini lops and picking up 3 mini lops and 2 Champagnes. :) ...possibly pick up a 4th Mini Lop if I see a buck that could really benefit the herd. I'm so excited! I need to start getting things ready. Been working non stop to have extra cash....of course this week I need to get myself a new pair of running shoes cause I wore my old ones down to to the point they were super hurtful on my back and my bearded dragon's important light dies. Bah! Unwanted expenses but what can you do!

I recently went to Bloomington, IL for the Havana/Florida White Nationals. What a great time. Got to put faces with names and had a super time. It did snow for us so some other Florida people that went had a time of a life time seeing snow. We took back some great stock and Florida will have some great stock to breed later this year. I know there are a few Florida people going to KY cup and I hope they have a blast!

I'm heading up Friday morning myself.

It sounds like the first day of the show (when all the specialty shows are being held) is going to be bordering upon total chaos. One can only hope not, but show me as looking to have a good time meeting and greeting alot of older and newer satin breeders, and maybe even a few erstwhile heathens who don't raise satins. LOL!!!

__________ Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:32 pm __________

Lastfling":360pq9se said:
I plan on heading out Friday morning. I'm going to start prepping carriers tonight so hopefully by Thursday night all I'll need to do is add rabbits, kick the tires, and light the fire come Friday morning! This will be my first breed nationals, so I'm looking forward to it. It's a shame there's not an "as the crow flys route". As it is I've got to head North to Charleston, WV before turning West for Kentucky. The alternative is a lot of two lane through the mountains - No thanks!.

Depending upon where you live in NC, you could get on I-40, go straight into Nashville, TN, then go north from there on I-65 straight into Louisville. An even better route may be taking I-75 north out of Knoxville, TN to Lexington, KY, then catching I-64 from Lexington to Louisville. I always take interstate routes if they're in any way feasible. It may be a little further, but it usually works out the same way time wise.

We'll be coming from Western Illinois but we won't be able to get in til about midnight since the kids don't get out of school til 3:15. I don't hold out much hope for our silver foxes since most of our does are having litters but hopefully our Lilacs do well.

We should have thought ahead and made some "Rabbit Talk" pins to wear so everyone can put names to faces :D

Lastfling":29r2hmoy said:
I know nothing about the bluegrass area other than having heard the term. Is that good, bad, scenic or what?
Nah, just a long stretch of highway. The area overall isn't bad, but I think it's prettier where I am. I was really just referring to the fact that you still have far to go after you enter the state.

Poor guy would probably be a better fit. ;)
My bad, I had thought you were someone else. :lol:

SatinsRule":3k16lj8t said:
Depending upon where you live in NC, you could get on I-40, go straight into Nashville, TN, then go north from there on I-65 straight into Louisville. An even better route may be taking I-75 north out of Knoxville, TN to Lexington, KY, then catching I-64 from Lexington to Louisville. I always take interstate routes if they're in any way feasible. It may be a little further, but it usually works out the same way time wise.

Of all the interstate routes and I live close to all of them I-40/I-77 the I-77/I-64 route thru Charleston, WV is about an hour quicker than going I-40 to Asheville/Knoxville, etc. Again, it's those durn mountains where the road go in the opposite direction of where you want to go until you've crossed over. Ha. Most things are now packed with a few exceptions. I'm bringing and showing 12 rabbits, selling one, and picking up one I bought in PA in Feb which has been on loan thru Nationals. The young lady had wanted to show her at Nationals. The one I'm selling is being sold to her also, but I'm showing it first, so we're trading rabbits for the most part. If I keep all my carrier holes full I will be less tempted to yield to temptation and buy more. :roll: To all who are traveling, drive safe and hope to see you there!.

Lastfling":2otyqokm said:
SatinsRule":2otyqokm said:

Of all the interstate routes and I live close to all of them I-40/I-77 the I-77/I-64 route thru Charleston, WV is about an hour quicker than going I-40 to Asheville/Knoxville, etc. Again, it's those durn mountains where the road go in the opposite direction of where you want to go until you've crossed over. Ha. Most things are now packed with a few exceptions. I'm bringing and showing 12 rabbits, selling one, and picking up one I bought in PA in Feb which has been on loan thru Nationals. The young lady had wanted to show her at Nationals. The one I'm selling is being sold to her also, but I'm showing it first, so we're trading rabbits for the most part. If I keep all my carrier holes full I will be less tempted to yield to temptation and buy more. :roll: To all who are traveling, drive safe and hope to see you there!.

Yeah, and I-77 between Charlotte and Wytheville, VA is absolutely gorgeous territory, too. Heck, for that matter, all of VA and KY is beautiful territory in the eyes of this beholder.

Safe travels. Hope to see you there, as well. I'll be the fat ugly guy from AR with red satins. :lol:

Latest posts

Back