Unwilling for tips?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GBov":13971lex said:
https://www.raising-rabbits.com/support-files/rabbitbreedingsystemforhotclimate.pdf

This is a great idea and it is on my wish list. I would add sulfur and borax to the soil/sand infill to deter fire ants and would sandwich styrofoam between cage wire panels for the lids but other than that, not much tweaking needed.

The "Underground Cell Breeding in Italy " picture, - is similar to one I used successfully.
I love to explore "Low Tech" solutions to Rabbit [and other livestock] husbandry .

The hightech solutions are usually very expensive, and have many weaknesses [like disease, and power outages] The hitech plans really are only designed for a situation where hundreds or thousands of rabbits are kept for "breed stock". The hightech plans I have looked at, were totally impractical for "family size " meat production...

For me, even with a hundred does in a building , .. keeping the coolers running when the power was out was a very big deal-- and sometimes there were big losses.

I also like the "clay pot" idea ,... It would be simple, and very doable in countries where those big clay pots are cheap...

Every time I watch something where they are wood firing big pots in just a bonfire I think of the clay pot bunnies M4G, every bloody time! And I think "Huh, I could do that!" knowing full well that I really could not. No wood, no clay, no experience does not = great pots. :lol:

Have been trying to get a layout with cavity blocks that will work in tight quarters - like a fish camp - but perhaps it is time to just try it with Legos instead of heaving bricks about? Cause that ain't working too well.

High tech solutions seem to be reworked simple solutions, reworked to make it all MUCH more complicated and expensive. :roll:

Latest posts

Back