Small victories

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvabunny

Reaction score
So since I posted my long, rambling, whiny, things aren't going my way thread, I thought I would post a couple of the good things happening around the barn since.

A first time doe had a revelation and actually put the kits in the box. I could see where she had begun making the nest on the wire, but I found all 8 kits in the box, nicely prepared and toasty warm with plenty of fur. She is a bkn orange, bred to my harlequin buck, and she had 4 harlequin and 4 tri colored babies. I've got a waiting list for those!

I also made a haul on a rabbitry buy-out. 14 BIG holes. She told me they averaged 24 x 24. Actually, I think only one set is that small. Cages are in good shape - no rust and all doors and closers are attached. All came with J-feeders attached. 18 ceramic water crocks. A full automatic watering system with tons of brand new spare parts. 7 wood nestboxes with metal trim to prevent chewing and 1 wire nestbox. AND a 4 hole show carrying cage. All of this and it was delivered to my barn door. Can't beat that!

So, although it appears a big winter storm is going to dump lots of snow on us just in time for the first show of the season, and I'll probably miss it, things seem to be moving in the right direction for the time being.

Yay for the good mom, but I'd be dancing in the streets with all those new cages! :p

Pictures once you set them up, please!

luvabunny":20ial45h said:
So since I posted my long, rambling, whiny, things aren't going my way thread, I thought I would post a couple of the good things happening around the barn since.

A first time doe had a revelation and actually put the kits in the box. I could see where she had begun making the nest on the wire, but I found all 8 kits in the box, nicely prepared and toasty warm with plenty of fur. She is a bkn orange, bred to my harlequin buck, and she had 4 harlequin and 4 tri colored babies. I've got a waiting list for those!

I also made a haul on a rabbitry buy-out. 14 BIG holes. She told me they averaged 24 x 24. Actually, I think only one set is that small. Cages are in good shape - no rust and all doors and closers are attached. All came with J-feeders attached. 18 ceramic water crocks. A full automatic watering system with tons of brand new spare parts. 7 wood nestboxes with metal trim to prevent chewing and 1 wire nestbox. AND a 4 hole show carrying cage. All of this and it was delivered to my barn door. Can't beat that!

So, although it appears a big winter storm is going to dump lots of snow on us just in time for the first show of the season, and I'll probably miss it, things seem to be moving in the right direction for the time being.

YAY!!!! :cheer1:

Another good day in the rabbitry!

I purchased the sister to my Giant Chinchilla pair, got my sister to purchase the other brother, and a friend to purchase the remaining sister.

Basically, between us, we bought most of the litter - 2 bucks and 3 does.
But, at least now, we have 5 rabbits and 3 owners, so you know that means any wins will result in a leg, since there aren't any Giant Chins around here.

Also, both Mama's currently with babies are doing a great job. The kits are all still in the nestbox, but when I looked midday, all the babies had huge, fat tummies!

I'm still digging out treasures from the rabbitry buy-out too. Found out there were 16 water bottles of the 32 oz size, 1 huge squarish one and 1 hamster sized one. All of them had the lickers, and even the wire holders. They are dirty and look like they've been stored in the barn, but appear to all be in good shape and usable after a cleaning. I don't use water bottles, but I know how to use craigslist, and I'm sure they will be an easy sell.

We had 22 GCs at the Malvern AR show in November, and some of those breeders attend the Anderson and Carthage MO shows. I hope to attend Skiatook in March, and may bring a GC or two. Glad to hear good things are happening for you.

I expect to be in Skiatook. It will be nice to compare, to see if these bunnies really are any good. I'd like to say they are out of so and so's lines, but mostly they just have names like Fred and Phoebe.

Irregardless of how they are as show bunnies, they are truly some of the sweetest, most cuddly bunnies I've ever held. That's really what I got them for, and they are living up to expectations.

So far, so good in the baby dept. Cold has moved in - again. It isn't supposed to get over freezing now for the next week. It snowed here an inch today, and more is expected Tues, and then again on Friday. The babies all are fat and warm and the nests are being kept well covered by the Mama's.

Back