Intro - New Member from Middle TN

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

New to the rabbit world and have already found this site to be a great resource.

A little background- I had planned for many years to have a small setup mainly for the purposes of food assurance, knowing/controlling what my food was made of and knowing it's humane. Now that my better half and I have built and moved into our forever home, I'm standing up my Racken house. (I know this may be controversial - I'll post about my build plans on another thread if anyone is interested.)

I already have many of my supplies and have already even upgraded some (face palm - goodby TS cages, hello debt inducing Bass stacked cages) and I don't even have any rabbits...yet. Just trying to hit the ground 🏃‍♀️.

I plan to breed/raise Silver Foxes and hope to have a couple of juvenile pedigree breeding trios in the next couple of months (already working with someone for those) but they won't be old enough to breed till next year. In the meantime, I'm hoping to get a trio of any meat rabbits (no pedigree, mutts welcomed) that are already proven so I can work on getting a couple of cycles of breeding in after the heat of summer and later processing to get some experience and work out any kinks/issues to the best of my ability prior to my SFs coming to age. Best laid plans and all that, we all know how they go.

Well, that's enough of a novel for now...look forward to interacting and learning with everyone!

Bekah

Back