rabbit show tomorrow

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBA

Reaction score
We have a rabbit show tomorrow. Daughter will be showing four mini lops and a californian.
Wife will be showing a pair of thriantas.
I will be racing back and forth here, there, and everywhere.
I will also be taking our one month old mini lop kits to see if loplover will look them over for me and give me a review of what she thinks they might grow in to.

Wish us luck.

Thanks. I have a hard time telling people I'm going someplace to show off my buns.

DBA":1gg6ttfu said:
I have a hard time telling people I'm going someplace to show off my buns.

:lol: Wait until you tell them your buns took "best in show" or the looks when you say your buns got "best of breed" :x :p

DBA":36xgrd5t said:
We have a rabbit show tomorrow. Daughter will be showing four mini lops and a californian.
Wife will be showing a pair of thriantas.
I will be racing back and forth here, there, and everywhere.

Yup- showing two breeds is bad enough, three is even more hectic! :x Once you get to know exhibitors of your breed, people are pretty nice about carrying your rabbit(s) to the table if they know you are busy at another table.

Good luck! Hope your bunnehs do well! :clover:

I will also be taking our one month old mini lop kits to see if loplover will look them over for me and give me a review of what she thinks they might grow in to.

That's fabulous! Even once you are able to evaluate your own stock it is great to have outside eyes look them over. You can get "barn blind" to your own herd, so outside opinions are always good to have.

katiebear":36xgrd5t said:
I have a hard time telling people I'm going someplace to show off my buns.

:lol: Wait until you tell them your buns took "best in show" or the looks when you say your buns got "best of breed" :x :p

Or "My broken bun took best of variety."

Still at the show, have a very large stack of ribbons so far including a few BOS and one BOB.

DBA":3iy5l9ij said:
Still at the show, have a very large stack of ribbons so far including a few BOS and one BOB.
Wait, isn't BOS best in show? Can't there only be one of those?

Becky":31f2ir24 said:
DBA":31f2ir24 said:

BOS is "best opposite sex." It goes to the rabbit who is the best of the opposite gender to the rabbit who gets best of breed.

Zass":1jtivxci said:
Becky":1jtivxci said:
DBA":1jtivxci said:

BOS is "best opposite sex." It goes to the rabbit who is the best of the opposite gender to the rabbit who gets best of breed.
MamaSheepdog":1jtivxci said:
BIS is Best In Show.
Ah. :oops: That makes more sense.

Ok, we are home now. This was a double show, so each rabbit was judged twice, each time by a different judge.
Here is a rundown of the awards today. My wife showed a thrianta Sr buck and a Sr doe.
Daughter showed a cal Jr doe, mini lop Jr solid doe, mini lop broken Sr buck, mini lop solid Sr doe and another mini lop solid Sr doe.
BOB thrianta
BOS thrianta
BOS thrianta
BOS cal Jr doe
BOS cal Jr doe
BOS ML Sr broken buck
BOSV ML Sr broken buck

Six first place ribbons
Four second place ribbons
Two third place ribbons
Two fourth place ribbons

Hopefully once LopLover gets home she will post up and tell you all how well she and her sister and brother did.

All in all, a great day, lots of fun and we got to see loplover and her mom and siblings again. We (my wife, daughter, and I) absolutely love them.

I couldn't tell you how many times I heard "oh, I really want some of those" every time we saw anyone with a French lop.

DBA":2kxmqypq said:
I couldn't tell you how many times I heard "oh, I really want some of those" every time we saw anyone with a French lop.
:eek: It won't be long now. They will wear you down and when you're off your guard they'll strike. :lol:

Latest posts

Back