Pasterella "snuffles" in rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I tried breeding her today and she'd crazy, im not sure if she's crazy because she's wanting his falloffs obsessively or she's mad at him.

It's a 2 min video so I'd say watch the first and last 20 seconds of it if you don't want to see it all.

Why is she acting like this? I did get 4 falloff from him today.

And yes I'm being careful so she doesent castrate him.

So I tried breeding her today and she'd crazy, im not sure if she's crazy because she's wanting his falloffs obsessively or she's mad at him.

It's a 2 min video so I'd say watch the first and last 20 seconds of it if you don't want to see it all.

Why is she acting like this? I did get 4 falloff from him today.

And yes I'm being careful so she doesent castrate him.

That looks to me like a doe absolutely desperate to be bred; sometimes it's combined with rolling on their side and back in front of the buck (the buck can be successful in that position, by the way). In the spring, many of mine act like that - if the buck doesn't instantly get to it, they start acing like a buck (female goats do something like it, too). Sometimes you just let the merry-go-round go as long as it needs to, other times it looks like the buck is wearing out so I stop her.

Haha okay, it was either 2 things but just sure it wasn't the bad option.

She's VERY vocal and scared all the time.

Afterward I put her back and pet her and she'd squeel (like a scared one) and flinch. She's been like that since I got her.

Sometimes does that are like that do really well sandwiched between two bucks (as in a buck in a cage on either side of her) OR in a big cage with lots of room to run with a buck in it. Some does are just scared of buck scent or anything new or different. So you may have to do things a bit differently to accommodate their needs. breeding her to your most laid back buck out of a laid back line will help the kits genetically to be more mentally stable.

Latest posts

Back