Our new rabbit barn in the making

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cmfarm":1hukv7qg said:
OneAcreFarm":1hukv7qg said:
cmfarm":1hukv7qg said:
:D I couldn't, we live out in the middle of nowhere and no one will ever see it. I did get some more pictures. We now have a door and the corner sides are trimmed back. I think if I try using my other computer it will be easier to post pics.

CMFarm, looks great! My only suggestion would be to raise the tarp a couple of feet on the bottom to allow for ventilation. It will prevent ammonia build up in the barn.

It has 2 windows for ventilation. If I did that then I would have to worry about wild animals getting in.

For such a large area, two windows isn't going to be enough and you need ventilation at ground level, so the ammonia doesn't have to travel thru your cages to escape. Tarps by themselves won't keep out wild animals either. Maybe put two sections of welded wire, one at each end, ground level? Or lattice? I only suggest this because we found out the hard way.

OneAcreFarm, I understand what you are saying :yes: . I do like the idea of putting welded wire fencing by the ground. That will help keep animals out of the openings. We where planning on putting something around the bottom like metal sheets or something. In the spring we may put some fencing in that area, but right now I am more worried about the cold. It is supposed to be wetter/colder than average this winter.

cmfarm":1t0uuxmo said:
OneAcreFarm, I understand what you are saying :yes: . I do like the idea of putting welded wire fencing by the ground. That will help keep animals out of the openings. We where planning on putting something around the bottom like metal sheets or something. In the spring we may put some fencing in that area, but right now I am more worried about the cold. It is supposed to be wetter/colder than average this winter.

Yes, and you have to start where you are, with what you have...:)

Latest posts

Back