Open vrs Closed Rabbitry

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I consider shows more of a hazard than walk ins. The random person coming in probably has less contact with other rabbits than the average show person, unless they've been visiting pet shops.

Another area that I have a little concern over is my trays. I clean them twice a week but it is a spot cleaning essentially. Since the rabbits do their business pretty much in one area (back corners for all of mine). I scoop the urine soaked litter out and the bulk of the poo. However I do not dump the whole pan nor do I pick the other poo out. I usually swirl the bedding that is left (horse pellets) and move it to the back of the tray. I then put some new bedding at the front. I do worry a little about people seeing the poo and thinking the pans are nasty and calling someone. Most are probably unaware that the poo is dry and pretty much doesn't smell. I suppose I'd be concern more if someone didn't get a rabbit when they came out, which hasn't happened. To make matters worse, our house if very cluttered. We sell online for a living and our inventory is packed in our bedroom and stacked around the house. As a result stuff that would normally end up hidden in a bedroom or closet is in plain view. Things are clean though. I'm sure many think we are hoarders but actually have very little personal stuff. It's all stuff that is listed or getting ready to list or packing materials and boxes.

Latest posts

Back