New 12 Step Program--

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words about my moggie and goosie-girl, Miss M and CochinBrahmaLover. Elsie is a Pilgrim goose. Pilgrims are auto-sexing: Males are white with blue eyes; the females are grey with dark eyes. Very gentle geese. I used to have a trio but we're down to one now. :( She does hang out with the chickens and yes, she hates them. If they get in her way, she will pull their tails. But she defers to Marilla, oddly enough. She seems to know Marilla is special.

CochinBrahmaLover":2oiz43aq said:
You are making money
One of the worst things ever. You have extra money and the space & land for more animals

I would GLADLY suffer the rest of my life with this particular condition...

MaggieJ":18q9pzf2 said:
Thanks for the kind words about my moggie and goosie-girl, Miss M and CochinBrahmaLover. Elsie is a Pilgrim goose. Pilgrims are auto-sexing: Males are white with blue eyes; the females are grey with dark eyes. Very gentle geese. I used to have a trio but we're down to one now. :( She does hang out with the chickens and yes, she hates them. If they get in her way, she will pull their tails. But she defers to Marilla, oddly enough. She seems to know Marilla is special.
I love pilgrim geese. Never had any, though. My geese was some layer I got from some people, a Toulouse & 3 Chinese. Funny, the embden (what we think the layer was) was the loudest, & the Chinese the quietest!

Hey, I'm good friends with someone who breeds Toulouse, embdens, sebsaptol geese, you name it and I can hook ya up with some :mrgreen:

Wait wait wait... You own chickens but don't have chickenitios? Tsk tsk tsk... :nono: :nono: :nono:
Clearly you've never met silkies, Cochins or faverolles

Than you've got beautifies like painted conures... :mrgreen:

It's hard to fight off the Chicken infection. At least I know I don't really have the space for it here, still, I am always trying to figure out how to sneak another Barred Rock or two on the property. I have to cap my dog limit, and the dogs keep me from having cats (I desperately want a Siamese cat). If sheep were allowed, I would have them. And a horse.

So basically the Rabbitosis Aquireosis satisfies the more general need for the other animals.

I should have been born on a farm.<br /><br />__________ Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:18 am __________<br /><br />
bobqdevon":2bvzakf3 said:
I don't think we'd get angoras. Too much time involved that we don't have. At least until the kids are gone, then maybe.

Gotta do a myth busters for you. It's been three weeks since my last grooming session on any Angora here. When I do, onto the grooming table, and blown out with the dog blower. Ten minutes max. Back in the cage. The critical time is just before the bun is about to blow the ocat, at the end of the 3 mos cycle, for molters. Frenchies Rock!!

skysthelimit":hnhrrcbd said:
It's hard to fight off the Chicken infection. At least I know I don't really have the space for it here, still, I am always trying to figure out how to sneak another Barred Rock or two on the property. I have to cap my dog limit, and the dogs keep me from having cats (I desperately want a Siamese cat). If sheep were allowed, I would have them. And a horse.

I have dogs but they are on leash outside. I *need* to employ an outdoor cat (or two) to deal with the mice who think they've been invited to live on this mini-farm of mine. I *need* a couple of goat wethers to weedeat my ditches and other areas I have trouble keeping under control.

And, as much as I LOVE my big chickens...I regret the day I bought my mother the silkies she so desparately wanted!! want total PITAs!!! :x :x

skysthelimit":1g4beah7 said:
Gotta do a myth busters for you. It's been three weeks since my last grooming session on any Angora here. When I do, onto the grooming table, and blown out with the dog blower. Ten minutes max. Back in the cage. The critical time is just before the bun is about to blow the ocat, at the end of the 3 mos cycle, for molters. Frenchies Rock!!

But, the way I collect bunnehs, There would be 30 of them in no time. 30 x 10 minutes each... :)

My name is lilrabbitry715. I realised my addiction when I purchased a bunch of rabbits online sight unseen and spent all of my bill money. I didn't stop there, I maxed the credit card on new cages!

:dig-hole: I recently acquired (on Black Friday) a trio of Lilacs. This brings my total up to 5 of the little cute boots. Now I have plans to expand into a second breed to keep me busy at the shows. After all might as well pack as much fun as possible into a Saturday of showing. DH expressed an interest in Dwarf Hotots while at the show on Friday. He called them "creepy in a cool way" because they're "little goth rabbits". I also signed him up for an ARBA membership. Yes I am willfully spreading this dread disease.

5? I bet Fernie wished we only had 5... After this week's visit from the "bunny change fairy" we might have an additional litter we weren't expecting... :eek:

Hello I am The Dutchess. I used to have bunny but sold her a month ago because of complications (see previous posts) and I am having rabbit withdrawals. However AS OF THIS TIME I do not have cage space. My rabbitosis symptoms include: Checking craigslist., rabbitbreeders etc. For rabbits for sale. Looking forlornly out the window at my empty hutch. Constantly having the urge to get out of bed and say "I have to feed the rabbits." Having urges to scoop bunny poop and sterilise the hutch. And the list goes on. -_-

Sadly, I have been infected with Small Breeditis :(
I have recently aquired 6 small cages from Whipple and I am now making doe eyes at small breeds, this is made more difficult by the fact I do not wish to deal with the dwarf gene as I do not find dwarf rabbits attractive and I do not want lops or wool.
Nothing like making things interesting for myself. :lol:

3mina":ha3skfq8 said:
I have recently aquired 6 small cages from Whipple and I am now making doe eyes at small breeds, this is made more difficult by the fact I do not wish to deal with the dwarf gene as I do not find dwarf rabbits attractive and I do not want lops or wool.

Perhaps you can satisfy that with FW. Or maybe, just maybe, the old stand by--Mini Rex?

Believe it or not, I have yet to have a peanut.

Alright, I MIGHT have to revise my claim to be disease free. Pre-symptoms include sighing in envy, stalking craigslist and known breeder websites, looking for shows and other ND breeders that will be attending the shows, and blaming my nephew for getting a rabbit I really wanted.

skysthelimit":11ujy7e7 said:
3mina":11ujy7e7 said:

Perhaps you can satisfy that with FW. Or maybe, just maybe, the old stand by--Mini Rex?

Believe it or not, I have yet to have a peanut.

I had FW for almost a year and got one litter for my pains, so I won't be going there again.
Mini Rex, hmm, if I did Minis I could do tris. *wanders off muttering*

Less than four years ago I brought home two rabbits from 4H for dinner. Hubby threw himself between the .22 and the cage saying "You cant kill THESE rabbits, they are really NICE!"

At that time I was actively afraid of live rabbits but love em dead.

Now, having moved states and gotten rid of hubs, I am up to 70ish buns :oops: and have a trio of Florida Whites on hold.

Was so proud of myself having empty cages - how can I have a problem with empty cages, right? - but am, ONCE AGAIN, short on cage space.

So yeh, I think I have a problem with rabbitosis but my poor family has the worse problem.........

They suffer from listentorabbitosis suffereritis.

I really pity them.

listentorabbitosis suffereritis, so THATS what I've been inflicting.

AH see, I'm on here to give my poor family a break from it.

Especially my husband, who just doesn't love the "what color is this rabbit" game quite as much as I do!

Latest posts

Back