New 12 Step Program--

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I am not the one purchasing all the rabbits.

Yes, I am the one searching Craigslist for used cages we can repair and refurbish for cheap. I would rather have 10 empty cages just in case we had a sudden influx of rabbits, than have the shortage we have at the moment. We currently have 20 rabbits, adults and babies. We are using 11 cages to house them. Luckily the babies are still small enough that they can share their cages. I have 4 more outside cages that I need to clean and paint. Then there is the Box cage. I need to figure out a way to repair it and put a good roof on it. That still leaves me 4 cages short and then we have 2 more coming next week and 4 in January. So in all honesty I need another 10 cages to house the rabbits he wants at this moment.

In order to have empty cages at this point in time I would need to get 20 cages from someplace for cheap to be able to make sure we have a free cage for the rabbits. As I have stated before I do NOT have Rabbitosis. I am just the Kind loving and very understanding wife of one of you sad infected people.

Fernie":2epg5urh said:
As I have stated before I do NOT have Rabbitosis. I am just the Kind loving and very understanding wife of one of you sad infected people.

Even if we were to believe that, which we don't, but even IF we did... are you saying that enabling a "sad infected person" is BETTER than being a "sad infected person"??? :p :p :p I think denial is a sad state to be in...accepting one's problems is the first step to healing... then again, I don't know that most of us want to be healed!!! We just like to gather together and talk about our sad state!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well I am not buying any more bunnies...

till next year. At least i have it narrowed to 4 breeds.

And I survived Lionhead Lustosis, mainly because I told myself they weren't a recognized breed, but now...

skysthelimit":k7f8u8o4 said:
Well I am not buying any more bunnies...

till next year. At least i have it narrowed to 4 breeds.

And I survived Lionhead Lustosis, mainly because I told myself they weren't a recognized breed, but now...
Oh Sky...you just have to own one of the fuzzy little Lions. :mrgreen: They are so darn cute! So many good breeders here in Ohio too.<br /><br />__________ Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:33 pm __________<br /><br />My name is Amanda, and I am an addict, then again no...I just make sure everything stays even for each of the kids. We started with just 1 mix breed we adopted from the local human society for my oldest daughter to show in the fair. Of course the other 2 needed a rabbit too. So we acquired 2 Lionheads from a local kid that was selling out. When we got home I felt bad for the 1 we left behind so of course we had to go back for her. :shock: We thought, boy these Lionheads are cute, lets do a breeding project for 4H and ended up with a few litters. Said babies were too cute so we kept 2 back. I couldn't let the kids have all the fun so I needed my own rabbit (another Lionhead).
Ok, maybe I do have a slight additction...we have 1 Thrianta, 1 Holland Lop, 1 Californian, 9 adult Lionheads, and 4x9 week old Lionheads of which 3 are going to new homes hopefully this week (total 4 bucks and 6 does we are keeping). I think I may need another 2 does now that I look at what we have. Come on rabbits, lets get to breeding soon.
Oh, I think I need to pick up a Thrianta doe and a Californian doe to go with the bucks we already have too. Hmmm.....I do believe I need more cages, time to check Craigslist again. :p

My name is bob, and I am sooooo way beyond an addict...

__________ Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:43 pm __________

3mina":nvmzasie said:
When it gets to 'Intervention' stage you'll find yourself in a showroom halfway across the country, barefoot wondering how you got there & how in the world are you going to get all those cute bunnies home?

Or, you could be like me, and build a 6 x 12 enclosed trailer with cages mounted to the walls... Then I just hook it up to my truck and away I go!

Seriously, I've been considering moving the 6 cages out of it, and putting a bunch of 24" x 24" cages in it for rabbit and chicken transporting. Maybe I could actually make some money out of the deal... :hmm:

__________ Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:47 pm __________

Ramjet":nvmzasie said:
I need this program like I need a hole in the head ... One more rabbit and my wife may just deliver that hole in the head.

My wife tries to keep me locked up in the house as much as possible. When we go out, I seem to come back with more rabbits... or ducks.... or chickens...

I think she's considering divorce.<br /><br />__________ Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:56 pm __________<br /><br />I think I need another white nz doe. I have a beautiful chocolate with blue eyes that I'd love to breed.

bobqdevon":1w4luqp3 said:
My name is bob, and I am sooooo way beyond an addict...

__________ Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:43 pm __________

3mina":1w4luqp3 said:
When it gets to 'Intervention' stage you'll find yourself in a showroom halfway across the country, barefoot wondering how you got there & how in the world are you going to get all those cute bunnies home?

Or, you could be like me, and build a 6 x 12 enclosed trailer with cages mounted to the walls... Then I just hook it up to my truck and away I go!

Seriously, I've been considering moving the 6 cages out of it, and putting a bunch of 24" x 24" cages in it for rabbit and chicken transporting. Maybe I could actually make some money out of the deal... :hmm:

__________ Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:47 pm __________

Ramjet":1w4luqp3 said:
I need this program like I need a hole in the head ... One more rabbit and my wife may just deliver that hole in the head.

My wife tries to keep me locked up in the house as much as possible. When we go out, I seem to come back with more rabbits... or ducks.... or chickens...

I think she's considering divorce.

__________ Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:56 pm __________

I think I need another white nz doe. I have a beautiful chocolate with blue eyes that I'd love to breed.

I think your wife is JUST fine with your rabbitosis, and hers! :D

Now I just need to infect my husband with some of these diseases...

I can NOT have Rabbitosis! I already have a raging case of Poultrytis. There is no way that those two could infect a person at the same time. It is just not possible. If that were to happen the Rabbitosis and the Poultrytis would cancel each out. To have both of these affecting a single person would cause great distress to the infected. Honestly, somebody infected with both diseases would end up knocking over piggy banks and hold up lemonade stands to pay for their Rabbit and poultry addiction.

So see I have Poultrytis not Rabbitosis. Along with a yarn stash issue. I say I need more yarn and Bob says no I don't. A few sheep would fix that. I am learning to spin......

Fernie":1krxapx1 said:
Along with a yarn stash issue. I say I need more yarn and Bob says no I don't. A few sheep would fix that. I am learning to spin......

Or some angora rabbits :mrgreen:

Fernie":11lj6tea said:
I can NOT have Rabbitosis! I already have a raging case of Poultrytis. There is no way that those two could infect a person at the same time. It is just not possible. If that were to happen the Rabbitosis and the Poultrytis would cancel each out. To have both of these affecting a single person would cause great distress to the infected. Honestly, somebody infected with both diseases would end up knocking over piggy banks and hold up lemonade stands to pay for their Rabbit and poultry addiction.

So see I have Poultrytis not Rabbitosis. Along with a yarn stash issue. I say I need more yarn and Bob says no I don't. A few sheep would fix that. I am learning to spin......

Sorry...Poultryitis is quite compatible with Rabbitosis...I know...I have both!! :p :p

I have buff orpingtons (LOVE them!), barred rocks (love), black-sex-linked (beautiful and sweeeet), and brown leg-horns (bad birds! :mrgreen: ). Mother has silkies (total PITAs). I WANT WANT WANT wynndottes...and astrolorpes...and easter-eggers...and...anything but silkies!!

I don't think we'd get angoras. Too much time involved that we don't have. At least until the kids are gone, then maybe.

On a side note, way up here, we received 101 barred rock chicks with 0 dead out of the box this morning with 33 degrees outside when I picked them out. Our record stands 2/2 for shipped day old chicks.<br /><br />__________ Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:37 am __________<br /><br />Oh, and I just went out and looked at our electric meter... :shock: :eek: :sick: :fainting: :help:

Frecs":27slph8o said:
Sorry...Poultryitis is quite compatible with Rabbitosis...I know...I have both!! :p :p

I have buff orpingtons (LOVE them!), barred rocks (love), black-sex-linked (beautiful and sweeeet), and brown leg-horns (bad birds! :mrgreen: ). Mother has silkies (total PITAs). I WANT WANT WANT wynndottes...and astrolorpes...and easter-eggers...and...anything but silkies!!
I'm afraid I have to agree... I have both as well! :p

I have a Buff Orpington, a Rhode Island Red, a Jersey Black Giant (who never got giant, but we love her anyway), an Ameraucana, four French Black Copper Marans (one of which is a big rooster with a low crow), three Golden Comets (one of which lays pinkish designer eggs), and an Olive Egger.

I want a Lavendar Orpington, several different Wyandottes (Mom wants a well-marked Silver-Laced Wyandotte Splash), more Easter Eggers, another something that lays pinkish eggs, and another Olive-Egger that lays darker olive eggs. Might have to raise a chick from Angel. :hmm: Breeding an Olive Egger back to a Marans is supposed to give you chickens that lay darker eggs.

Amanda kids are a great excuse but will only hold up for a while. When you get to the point of bribing the kids to say they want more rabbits then YOU have a problem. Don't worry we are here to help. Just repeat after me hmm hmm hmm. I (insert name here) understand that it is OK to own rabbits and fight over who owns rabbits with kids. I accept my disease with openness and glee. I am a functioning human living in a rabbit delusional state of mind and I am OK. They are my rabbits. I feed pay for and clean cages so the rabbits are mine. I understand that in some social circles it is better to blame the kids but I also understand that story will not hold up amongst other infected individuals. Now Amanda you have my permission to get more rabbits. I suggest 3 rabbits for each one owned by kids.

__________ Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:18 pm __________

Fernie":3p1tec1r said:

Currently I have :
Pijitus (pigeon disease)
Poultrytis
Rabbitosis
Goatis
Sheepitosis
Fishitosis

And that's just to name a few. Not to mention the ever longing crave of babies. Any babies will. ANY.
Yes, rabbitosis & poultrytis are very compatible, and even tend to drive each other up the walls! You see, with chickens, they pick up all the spilled food, hay, even the poop! Which lowers the feed bill. Which means you can get more chickens. But then the feed bill raises. So you have to lower it again with more buns spilling things. It's a horrible addiction.
:mrgreen:

Gee, I feel so out of it! :cry:

Story of my life! :evil: I never get to be one of the cool kids!

All I can bring to the table is Moggyitis :catlady: :cat-hug: :cat-rub: and Goositis :feed-ducks: ... and I only have one of each. Oh, woe is me! Woe is me!

Marilla
inventory7 001.jpg

Elsie
IMGP041720110618-2.jpg

CochinBrahmaLover":16ey8h22 said:
You see, with chickens, they pick up all the spilled food, hay, even the poop! Which lowers the feed bill. Which means you can get more chickens. But then the feed bill raises. So you have to lower it again with more buns spilling things. It's a horrible addiction.
The truth has been spoken. :ugeek:<br /><br />__________ Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:55 pm __________<br /><br />Beautiful goosie there, Maggie! :D Naturally, Marilla is a gorgeous cat. :)

Well, I tried to stand my ground and not end up in this thread, but since it seems to be where the cool kids hang out, I guess I'll show face. :D I, the masterful Huntress86, do not suffer from raging Rabbitosis. It is impossible you see, because I received a vaccination as a child. It was called Acquirus Silver Martenitis. Very specific. Well being that Martens are rare around here, and I breed my own, not buy them all the time, I can't POSSIBLY have all of these infectious ailments that "you people" have. :p

My signature is a lie, it's a conspiracy to expose me. Those crazy admins put a lock on it. :twisted: :eek:verreaction:

I do not have Rabbitosis Aquireosis. :|

Nor do I suffer from lack of cage space... but rural king is having a sale for 10% off this week, and I do have 4 does due in the next month...nope, no problem here. :p

Good luck to all of you, from the bottom of my heart, I wish you a speedy recovery. :tease:

Miss M":1cu27l44 said:
CochinBrahmaLover":1cu27l44 said:
You see, with chickens, they pick up all the spilled food, hay, even the poop! Which lowers the feed bill. Which means you can get more chickens. But then the feed bill raises. So you have to lower it again with more buns spilling things. It's a horrible addiction.
The truth has been spoken. :ugeek:

__________ Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:55 pm __________

Beautiful goosie there, Maggie! :D Naturally, Marilla is a gorgeous cat. :)
Now think of it as this :
You own 4 goats, 2 are pregnant. The geese refuse to eat all of the grass. So you let the goats forage more & eat less grain. But then you want some grass back. So you then move the goats in the woods. The grain is lowered to prevent too large of kids. The geese fertilize the grass, and eat enough to satisfye their hunger - no feed bill for them. Since the goats are in the woods, when the kids are born, though some grain is given, majority of food is from forage. You milk the goats. Any grain given is taken back as Delicious milk. The 2 Wethers are sold. 4 goats again. Less grain. More forage for them. But your not really paying for the grain - the chickens are. The chickens are making money. Wow. And they forage a lot, and you raise your own bugs so between the grass the geese grow with their lovely poop & the daily roaches, along with all eggshells being fed back to the chickens, you don't have a feed bill for the chickens. So your making money.
You are making money
One of the worst things ever. You have extra money and the space & land for more animals

Horrible, horrible.
Well, it's great for the addiction, which is what we want!

Edit : Maggie, beautiful goose! What type is she? Is she bonded to you, or have a friend? Just curious, I've had a lone goose before but it had chicken friends (granted it hated them but ya know..)

What we are striving to achieve is the perfect balance. Balance is good. Balance is what keeps the world spinning.

Just the right number of rabbits...I don't have enough...honestly!
along with the right number of chickens...I need more...truly!
along with the right number of ducks...I may have a few too many but must have some chocolate muscovies when my friend's chocolates have ducklings...I must...I just have to...just because...it will balance the universe...
along with the right number of goats (of which, I currently have none...gasp...the horror of it all!!)
along with the right number of cats (of which, I currently have none...gasp...the terror of it all!!)

I also need more fencing, more coop space, and more cages...

The perfect balance has not been achieved and my world is wobbly!!

Latest posts

Back