Never Suffer Sore Hands from Cutting Wire Again!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MamaSheepdog":15kyht19 said:
OneAcreFarm":15kyht19 said:
Or Coke...here in Texas they are ALL Coke's....
MSD: "You want a Coke?"
OAF: "Why, yes I would love one"
MSD: "What kind?"
OAF: "I will have a Sprite, please...."

Thank heavens you warned me! :shock: What happens if I offer you beer or a glass of wine? :?

You will get a "yes, please!" LOL Actually, after living in OK for several years, I tend to call it "Soda"...my kids think I am weird and embarrassing for this... :mrgreen:

NO, too much kick back on a jig saw, I just got a cut off blade for my 4.5" grinder.

I guess I'm not understanding the kick back, if you have it wound all the way up it should go thru like a hot knife thru butter, I can certainly see it crowhopping around though if you had it at less than full throttle (like trying to cut nails with a sawzall while not wound all the way up)

OneAcreFarm":2vy064z0 said:
MamaSheepdog":2vy064z0 said:
OneAcreFarm":2vy064z0 said:

Thank heavens you warned me! :shock: What happens if I offer you beer or a glass of wine? :?

You will get a "yes, please!" LOL Actually, after living in OK for several years, I tend to call it "Soda"...my kids think I am weird and embarrassing for this... :mrgreen:

Wait... now I am even more confused... do you call beer "soda", or the carbonated, non-alcoholic, high fructose corn syrup laden beverages "soda"?

MSD: "My dear sister, may I offer you a beverage?"
OAF: "Why certainly! I'm parched!"
MSD: "Soda?"
OAF: "Why not? It's 5:00 somewhere..."
:beer2:

OneAcreFarm":s20b09ys said:

Nah, nobody drinks Sprite down there. Everybody in TX drinks Dr. Pepper!! :lol:

Dr. Pepper kindof tastes like perfume :lol:

Oh, and I'll have a "pop"
asking for soda here would get you a glass of club soda and asking for a coke would get you Coca Cola

MamaSheepdog":xhgguoh4 said:
Wait... now I am even more confused... do you call beer "soda", or the carbonated, non-alcoholic, high fructose corn syrup laden beverages "soda"?

MSD: "My dear sister, may I offer you a beverage?"
OAF: "Why certainly! I'm parched!"
MSD: "Soda?"
OAF: "Why not? It's 5:00 somewhere..."
:beer2:

Nah, soda is only for soft drinks...I am not much on beer, but I will not turn down a nice glass of wine!

Is there a cutting blade, for a regular drill? That way I would not have to buy a dremel and I would be able to grind it smooth. Though MSD's idea of a sawsall (which I have), looks fun and fast!

Well.........I'll be jiggered!!! A sawsall!!! I've cut hundreds of feet of wire with my super-duper wire cutters and still feel like my hands have been beaten with a ball-bat at the end of the day.

I'm looking at another 75+ cages that need to be built over the winter. Actually......I've had nightmares about it!! Now, the demons have eased and I will surely attempt what you've suggested.

Thanks for the suggestion MSD. I will not forget it.

grumpy.

I still prefer this tool.
528578_448320361868144_1220540257_n.jpg

grumpy":37unfpdy said:
Well.........I'll be jiggered!!! A sawsall!!!

:lol: Yes, it was one of those "Ah-ha!!! :p " moments for me too, Grumpy! I don't bother with clamping anymore- I found that rolling the wire onto a landscape timber and then stepping on the wire to hold it in place worked very well.

I know that you use GAW, so this doesn't apply to you specifically, but if you try using a sawzall on GBW it will sometimes just break the weld. Yet another reason to buy quality wire. :)

grumpy":37unfpdy said:
I'm looking at another 75+ cages that need to be built over the winter. Actually......I've had nightmares about it!!

75 more cages?!? :p

Well! What a way to repay me for my advice <Sniff!>... your nightmares banished, and me dreaming covetously of 75 sparkling new cages... :roll:

Piper":y5tyl4s6 said:
Is there a cutting blade, for a regular drill? That way I would not have to buy a dremel and I would be able to grind it smooth. Though MSD's idea of a sawsall (which I have), looks fun and fast!

You should be able to just use the dremel blade/attachment in your drill. Just make sure to tighten the chuck enough. That's the adjustable part that holds the drill bits, usually uses a key shaped like a gear.

I think the dremel attachments would be too small for use with a drill, Mina. Their diameter is so small compared to the drill, and the shank of the attachment is so short that I don't thing you could get the angle right to cut anything.

I know that grinding wheels are available that can be used with a drill- there may be cutting blades also.

The sawzall is so fast and easy and the wire is cut flush, so I saw no need for grinding the edges smooth.

MamaSheepdog":mmghdofp said:
I think the dremel attachments would be too small for use with a drill, Mina. Their diameter is so small compared to the drill, and the shank of the attachment is so short that I don't thing you could get the angle right to cut anything.
I have an keyless chuck, that I can add to my drill, like the attachment, that I saw for the dremel. Will try it, but will take a trip to the pawn shop, first and see what they have. If it works, will be "telling"! :)

Latest posts

Back