Never Suffer Sore Hands from Cutting Wire Again!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
*******************************************************Infomercial************************************************

Who among us enjoys the tedium of cutting wires one by one?
Who among us has not had aching hands from cutting cage wire?
Who among us has spent countless hours snipping away, knowing that there MUST be a better way?
Blisters and carpal tunnel syndrome will be a thing of the past!

Now how much would you pay? But wait! There's more! :p

Cut through any gauge wire like it is butter!
Takes only seconds to do!
Protruding wire ends will never trouble you again!

For a limited time only, I am offering the solution to your problems.
With just three easy payments of $9.99, billed to your credit card or PayPal account, your cage building woes will be over for good!

<Sigh> Oh, very well, since we are all friends here, I will share my amazing discovery. It is called... drumroll, please...

A Sawzall! :p

Yes, this fabulous tool, armed with a metal cutting blade, will change your life forever! Simply clamp your roll of wire to a sawhorse, and cut through your wire so quickly that the clamping takes more time than the actual cutting!

(I hope you are all as embarrassed as I am that no-one has thought of this before.)

Now we just need an easy way to apply JClips, and we will all be drowning in extra cages. Which means more rabbits. Which means more kits. Maybe even multiple breeds.

Feel free to bow down to me in thanks. I deserve it. :roll:

A grinder with a cutoff wheel is my preferred method, you can run it one handed while holding the wire with the other and it naturally grinds off any jaggers

You were my inspiration, actually. I believe you mentioned a grinder in another post. I looked at my dremel first because we don't have a grinder, but felt that it wasn't up to the task. Then I spied the Sawzall, and the rest is history.

MamaSheepdog":j6gaw4v0 said:
You were my inspiration, actually. I believe you mentioned a grinder in another post. I looked at my dremel first because we don't have a grinder, but felt that it wasn't up to the task. Then I spied the Sawzall, and the rest is history.

Who, Me?
This is the first time I've mentioned it but I'll take all the undeserved credit anyone wants to dish out :lol:

agreed, the Dremel tool is pretty anemic for anything like cage building

OneAcreFarm":2d12hnl9 said:
By Sawzall you mean a reciprocating saw?

Yep, Sawzall is actually a registered name for Millwaukee's reciprocating saw, but as it's the best and most commonly used the name has stuck*

*this has been today's powertool nerd official post

Kinda like Kleenex and Xerox used to be. Now more people say tissue and copier, but it used to be Kleenex and Xerox, no matter what the brand was.

"I need you to Xerox this for me"
"Hand me a Kleenex, will you?"

Or Coke...here in Texas they are ALL Coke's....
MSD: "You want a Coke?"
OAF: "Why, yes I would love one"
MSD: "What kind?"
OAF: "I will have a Sprite, please...."

lostcreekrabbits":253womu6 said:
MamaSheepdog":253womu6 said:
You were my inspiration, actually.

Who, Me?
This is the first time I've mentioned it but I'll take all the undeserved credit anyone wants to dish out :lol:

Well, someone mentioned using a grinder to smooth rough edges! But you get a pat on the back for being wise enough to use a grinder. :D

OneAcreFarm":253womu6 said:
By Sawzall you mean a reciprocating saw?

Yep, Sawzall is actually a registered name for Millwaukee's reciprocating saw, but as it's the best and most commonly used the name has stuck*

*this has been today's powertool nerd official post

Thank you for clarifying that in my absence, oh Great Powertool Nerd! :bow: Now define Dremel properly. (*See answer below.)

OneAcreFarm":253womu6 said:
Or Coke...here in Texas they are ALL Coke's....
MSD: "You want a Coke?"
OAF: "Why, yes I would love one"
MSD: "What kind?"
OAF: "I will have a Sprite, please...."

Thank heavens you warned me! :shock: What happens if I offer you beer or a glass of wine? :?

Yepper, it's pretty much a catchall

Nope, it's a sawzall... :roll:

*If you answered "rotary tool" you receive 5 Powertool Nerd points.

I own a Roto-Zip AND I have used it to cut wire--- as well as a cutting disc attached to my B&D drill--- I Love power tools, just don;t get to use them often enough. Did purchase some metal cutting blades for my jig saw, recently....

Good one, now yer gettin it :lol:
the whole objective of the power tool industry is not to streamline operations but merely to use as much confusing jargon as possible (making the average homeowner rely on the Lowe's guys like a junkie relys on a dealer) :D

Latest posts

Back