Neat tattoo pen!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseysWoolies

Reaction score
Someone on a rabbit facebook group invented their own tattoo pen.

"This pen was designed by myself and my father, who has been a tattoo artist for over 20 yrs. Just one try of this pen and you will see the difference. It has been specialty designed to make clean straight lines. Color of pen may vary as seen in the picture.
Only $30ea + 4.95 shipping"
http://koriswoolywabbitry.weebly.com/pr ... -sale.html

video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Q_DRSvujc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Q_DRSv ... e=youtu.be

That head is rather interesting and I'd expect a tattoo artist to have a solid grasp of the requirements for this piece of equipment. This looks like something I'd want to have around

I have been thinking about getting one. I have the Rabbitat and I always end up with ragged thin lines and I have to redo them all the time. It's also super hard in my breed with their 2" long little ears to do a tattoo. I think this would help.

I just ordered one... I'll update everyone on how it is, and when I get it. Out of the 11 rabbits here, only 2 are tattooed, so I should get plenty of practice..

I've been thinking I'd like a tattoo pen, especially if I hope to get into showing eventually.

Another toothbrush, only difference that seems to keep changing is the needle head. Why is that?
I slightly altered my Equatat and it's perfect now. Though, for $30, the KBtatts is $10-15 cheaper than mine, also much prettier...
I want to spray paint mine now...=D

LindseysWoolies":1wem0zet said:
I have been thinking about getting one. I have the Rabbitat and I always end up with ragged thin lines and I have to redo them all the time. It's also super hard in my breed with their 2" long little ears to do a tattoo. I think this would help.

Probably has to do with the needle...the more individual needles it has, the thicker the line. Yours is likely a 3....I have a 5 for my Inkinator, like this one does, and it makes better lines.

I saw that and am planning to order one after christmas. I am going to order a replacement needle and see if it will fit mine.

I want a sparkly tattoo pen! :p

Those look very nice. The Inkinator has a metal sleeve, but it is very similar in design. That is a very fair price. I can't wait to hear the reviews! :)

Oh! Something else to color coordinate my rabbit supplies!!! They make it look super easy. Hoping i can find someone to help my first time

I just watched the video- I am going to try applying a small amount of ointment to the ear prior to tattooing my next rabbits and see if it helps. :)

My tattoo pen came today, I am on my way out of town, but I stopped what I was doing to tattoo one bunny. Worked really well, but we'll see when I get back in a week whether or not it sticks. Bunny didn't even move a muscle.

I ordered the tattoo pen, an extra needle, and a bottle of ink.

This is what came:
DSC_0596.JPG

A cute little holder with foam inserts

DSC_0599.JPG

2 needles
tattoo pen
ink
a skin marker
2 ink wells

I'm pretty pleased, it came quickly, and with more than I expected. For less than the other brands.

OK, here is the tattoo with the pen about 2 weeks after I did it.

DSC_0603.JPG

I have never used a tattoo pen before, but followed the directions on the video.

That looks great! Nice penmanship. :) The true test will be in a couple months to see if it fades.

I ordered some human grade ink and other supplies from a vendor on Amazon yesterday, and it shipped today.

KURO SUMI Black OUTLINING Tattoo Ink 6oz
Sold by PiercingPros
Condition: new
Facebook Twitter Pinterest
$14.75

LOT 1000 Tattoo Ink Caps #9 Kit CUPS with FREE GIFT SM
Sold by PiercingPros
$13.49

Derma Numb Topical Numbing Anesthetic DURING Tattoo Lidocaine Painless Spray 1oz
Sold by PiercingPros
$15.00

I am going to sell packages of the ink cups at shows- the vendors sell them for $3 for a half dozen. I'll be rich! :greedy:

It's been a while since Oceanside Angoras has first tested the KBtatts Tattoo Pen. Can I ask how's the tattoo holding up? I'm researching rabbit tattoo pens and I'm thinking about getting one of these. Anybody else have experience or suggestions of good yet inexpensive tattoo pens? This one or others?
Thanks,
Crystal

MamaSheepdog":1yhb749n said:
...Topical Numbing Anesthetic DURING Tattoo Lidocaine Painless Spray 1oz...
That's a good idea, MamaSheepdog! I wonder if Bactine has enough Lidocaine for helping to numb the critter's ear?

My KBTatts pen came in, but I haven't used it yet. I was going to practice on our pet rabbit, but thought it would be better to wait until the meat rabbits are born. I eventually want to tattoo CJ's name in her ear, but I want it to look good too. Meat buns seem like a good practice canvas and if any turn out to be exceptional, they'll already have identification.

:)

Crystal":yn9bklt3 said:
Can I ask how's the tattoo holding up? I'm researching rabbit tattoo pens and I'm thinking about getting one of these.

Hi Crystal!

:welcomewagon:

I believe the longevity of the tattoo depends on the ink used, not the method. The tattoos I did with the Kuro Sumi ink mentioned on the prior page are still dark and be-yoo-tee-ful! :p

Here is one of the bunnehs I did back in December:

IMG_0998.JPG

TMTex":yn9bklt3 said:
MamaSheepdog wrote:
...Topical Numbing Anesthetic DURING Tattoo Lidocaine Painless Spray 1oz...

That's a good idea, MamaSheepdog! I wonder if Bactine has enough Lidocaine for helping to numb the critter's ear?

I haven't heard of using Bactine, but some people use Oral numbing gel (Orajel). I used that in the past myself- I bought an off-brand at Walmart. Amusingly enough, "Orajel" had several varieties, regular, extra strength, and Maximum Relief, with progressively fancier packaging, and escalating prices... but all had 20% Benzocaine, which is the active ingredient! :lol: So be sure to check the level of active ingredient, and don't be fooled!

TMTex":yn9bklt3 said:
Meat buns seem like a good practice canvas and if any turn out to be exceptional, they'll already have identification.

I tattoo all of my litters at weaning, because I separate them according to sex when they go in the growout pens. I usually have several litters at a time, so need to know who's who. :) It's good practice, too!

You may find this method of restraint helpful:

tattooing-put-a-sock-in-it-on-it-i-mean-on-it-t14778.html

I had read somewhere (completely forgot where thanks to my terrible memory) that you can practice on a banana peel they are supposed to be similar to a rabbits ears but I haven't tried it so I wouldn't know for sure ~shrug~

Sinnfox":7phvkat2 said:
I had read somewhere (completely forgot where thanks to my terrible memory) that you can practice on a banana peel they are supposed to be similar to a rabbits ears but I haven't tried it so I wouldn't know for sure ~shrug~

Especially if You can got another person to Animate the banana...... thus simulating real life..... :p

Back