Injured juvenille--need advice!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is doing ok--eating and drinking moving some. Her wound seems clean and she is safe in her hospital cage in our garage...

oh good. she just might do very okay for you. Her weight gain might be a tad slower than the others for a while.

she is starting to fur out in her injury too. We are keeping her quiet and safe---hoping for continued improvement!

I am calling her engergizer--she keeps going!<br /><br />__________ Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:55 pm __________<br /><br />Seems to be continuing to improve and grow... She is healing up and still red, but fur and repair is occuring. I doubt I should keep her as breeding stock, but a tough bunny like this might have value as she has pulled thru a traumatic injury.

thoughts?

she's certainly demonstrated her ability to heal

I don't know what you are looking for in breeding stock - or if you were planning to keep does from the litter though
if you weren't planning to keep any prior to the accident I wouldn't keep her

I was planning on keeping does, but have several upcoming litters, so I can build stock from them. Frankly, she has grown at the same rate as her sister. So, that is why I am considering keeping her--to go thru the trauma and still grow seems like she has some toughness.

Gulp---sold her this am... Full disclosure to the buyer of the injury, cause and healing regimen. She has had rabbits and purchased two does and a buck this am. I wasn't going to sell her, but I have four litters in the next 3 weeks and two due at the farm (one delivered the other day there too).

All in all: we have three does with litters, two due next week, three the week after and one more after that... Hoping to have 50 producers by end summer... Will be keeping most all does from here out at this point, selling males only. Will need 12 litters this Spring averaging 3 females ea to make it.

Latest posts

Back