How would you take this?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't mean to offend.

Was just wondering if you were against selling your rabbits for food or specifically for snakes. I can definitely understand not wanting to sell a friendly, socialized bunny for anything but a pet.

No offence taken at all... Like I said, I get that they need to eat, and I understand that other animals eat rabbit too... I just don't sell mine for that because of all the time I spend socializing and playing/training them(and falling in love with every thing they do!)... I think there is a market and breeders for every type of bunny... mine just happens to be pets and hopefully show... And like I said, maybe eventually for food, but those ones will lead a more "natural" lifestyle where I am not cuddling and playing with them all the time... and would probably be more in line with a colony type lifestyle.
I don't "rescue" all snake food bunnies, but I just saw something in Walter that told me he needed a extra chance.... and I don't regret it at all...

I got two rabbits for free from my 4-H Leader. The doe definitely wasn't show/brood quality, and so I sold her for I think maybe $25 as a pet. The buck was listed as the same (and he has a leg of GC for something...probably a BOV/BOSV) but I'm selling him for just $15. I'm sure my 4-H leader saw the ads online, but she never said anything to me.

I guess I could feel cheated if I gave someone a rabbit for free and were asking $40 for it so it wouldn't become snake food. $20 or $25 would probably suffice... ;) $30-$40+ is my show quality fee, so $15-$25 is pet, etc. fee. I do sell meat rabbits though, but generally only ask $15 or $3 per pound, whichever is more. ;)

Emily

Latest posts

Back