"Dead rabbit" picture thread

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss M":saqf47nq said:
GBov":saqf47nq said:
I almost fell out of the tree :lol:
:rotfl: I have never seen a cat do that!!! And I had a lot of cats over my childhood!

We had 17 cats when I was growing up and the barn at that time had about 12 and no, I had never seen it either. Or ever again.

As I was burying our very old rex doe Matron my eldest son comes rushing over saying "Captain Rex is dead too!"

My heart sank but I pulled up my big girl pants and went to get him. One hole can fit two rabbits so a bit less work for me.

Poor Captain Rex was very surprised to be rudely awakened by a woman wanting to bury him prematurely :lol:

I was sooooooooo relieved!

Miss M":23v99mzk said:
GBov":23v99mzk said:
I almost fell out of the tree :lol:
:rotfl: I have never seen a cat do that!!! And I had a lot of cats over my childhood!

When I was a teen, I saw this squirrel sitting on a branch in our backyard. About an hour later, he was still there. Several hours later, still there and had not moved. I went out and he just sat there....I poked him with a long stick and he fell off the branch to the ground. He was stiff and dead! Sitting up, just dead! :x

"Dead" baby! I love that you can see his teeth :)
002-63.jpg
<br /><br />__________ Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:26 am __________<br /><br />My kids love this thread by the way :)

I was going to use this one but the little buggers opened their eyes :x

P.S. they are 9 weeks and 4 pounds 4 ounces and 4 pound 7 ounces. Not bad for Mini Lop crosses! Maybe I should use him on purpose the next time.

Attachments

• Chin and Magpie 'dead rabbits'.JPG
    Chin and Magpie 'dead rabbits'.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 2,697
Dood, I love the color of these buns. They sure look good.
This after noon my oldest daughter comes running into the house, crying and acting like the world has come to an end.
Daddy there is something wrong with Biggie. ( her 15 lb. buck ) he is just laying there not moving. and his breathing is not right.
I go check on him. he was just relaxing, I sure wish I would of had my camera, because at first I thought he had gone to the Big pen in the sky. LOL

My daughter was cuddling with her baby and this happened!
005-62.jpg

If i let her she'd cuddle with this one all day long :)

Amy":1njom6pw said:
I must have high strung bunnies, I've honestly never seen them sleeping-ever! I don't even think I've seen them laying down.

Only the angoras flop down, and they jump up if they think I'm looking at them.

Yesterday morning I came up to my new young stock to see one lying down and I thought "Yay, I'll FINALLY get a picture of a "dead" rabbit!"

*sigh*

He truly was dead! :(

It looked like he had somehow broken his neck! :shock: No signs of anything digging at the cage, eyes, ears, noses and bums of all bunnies clean. Rigor had started so his body was stiff but his head moved freely.

And OF COURSE he was my ONLY black buck! I got him as a match for the broken black doe but that isn't going to work now :roll:

n5smti.jpg

Yeah she wasn't really taking it serious :lol: :oops:

6dr0jd.jpg

28ip7bs.jpg

fyhpio.jpg

Pregnant :D

2cwpr89.jpg

2w32h5j.jpg

An hour before birth :p

2q04vth.jpg

2s5z1c7.jpg

wlde1.jpg

This one doesn't really count but he would be mad at me if he'd know i skipped his photo since he always butts when i take the rabbits pictures :lol:

119b6u9.jpg

LOL That doe. Screw ya'll...I'm laying down haha

Sorry about the loss of your buck Gov! I've known of breeders that have had their rabbits sometimes get too excited, run into the cage wall, and cull themselves. Very unfortunate!

That picture with the mamma with the straw in her mouth OMG I KNOW that feeling :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys, his loss was a shocker and he was soooo friendly and nice and pretty. But thats rabbits for you, one min. down in the dumps and the next you catch sight of your so far barren rex doe making a nest :shock: and your back on top of the world!

Latest posts

Back