Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a litter born from a first time doe and buck on 8-2-15

7born, 1 DOA 1 chilled and never recovered....3 blues and 2 white remaining. 1 of the whites is a runt and is not pictured because I left it in with mom for sometime by itself when I was picturing hoping that it would get a decent feeding....so far so good....

lArBzFJ.jpg

Nest

SxZ9Wfb.jpg

4/5 babies

RdWLePP.jpg

My dog checking out his new babies

Our newest litter of Mini Lops arrived this evening.
Lily kindled 7 healthy kits. Good job Lily.
We'd been gone all day. She waited for us all to get home and for me to get the cages cleaned out before she got busy pulling fur. Twenty five minutes later she kindled.
We appreciated her waiting for us. :)
Lily%2BHawthorne%2Blitter%2BAugust%2B9%2B2015%2Bminutes%2Bold.jpg

These are updated pictures of our other litter of 7 Mini Lops that are now 2 weeks old:
Two%2Bweeks%2Bold.jpg

Two%2Bweeks%2Bold%2Btris%2Band%2Bblue%2Bfawn.jpg

Awww, those are so cute, WhWrabbitry! Is the one in the middle in the 2nd pic a blue Harle?

Anyway, I decided to take some
2ljsvfb.jpg
pictures, since I get the babies out at least every two days to mess with them and make them all cuddly lol.

Plus, at 10 days old, they're a little cuter and much more photogenic than they were two days ago lol.

zM9vzRV.jpg

YQ4V1Cp.jpg

I'm soooo in love with the tan faced one :cry: But, as tempting as it is, I don't think I'll keep it because I really shouldn't keep something based solely on what it looks like...right? xD (Someone say right lol)

Fireclaws bunnbutts":2dc07dmx said:
I'm soooo in love with the tan faced one :cry: But, as tempting as it is, I don't think I'll keep it because I really shouldn't keep something based solely on what it looks like...right? xD (Someone say right lol)

Hence my apprehension in raising anything but plain 'ol NZWs. I really really want to have fun with color in meat mutts, but I know I will be way more tempted to keep them based purely on looks!

So ummmm... yeah! Right! :lol:

They are all so beautiful!!! :in_love:

I've stalled in rabbit production due to limited cage space and slower growouts on the harlequins. So no new popples, but here are the
magpie harlequin/silverfox/ flemish giant/ new zealand/ lilac/ american/ unknown chinchilla mix mutts.

Their bodies are odd to me, I think, they look and feel a little more like wild rabbits. Maybe all the cross breeding pushed them back towards the more dominant wild type??(but not color ;) )
Their coats are flyback too, which is a first for me, after working with so many standup and rollback coats. It might be contributing to the "odd" effect..

Attachments

• chinchillamutts.jpg
    chinchillamutts.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 1,169
Just now seeing this - yes, Fireclaws, the one in the middle in the 2nd picture is a blue/fawn Harlequin. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:55 am __________ <br /><br /> Lily's litter now at 10 days old
LIly%2BHawthorne%2BAugust%2B2015%2B10%2Bdays.jpg

Three weeks old today!

So convenient, having babies that were born on the 31st so their age corresponds with the days lol.

This is one of my favorite ages (along side when they first open their eyes, and let's face it, newborns are adorable too)

They're weaning really well, which is good cause their mother is due again with another litter by the beginning of September :popcorn: and so they got a special treat this morning, we had a big storm last night and it snapped one of my sunflowers clean in half at a weak spot near the bottom of the stem, there was no saving it, so the bunnies got the softer part of the top half with the flower buds and I'm drying the woodier part of the stem in the sun for them to chew on later.

rSCMMkR.jpg

u3z0cnm.jpg

Hnjo4jk.jpg

zORtSmo.jpg

l6ZXTrZ.jpg

ZRSndMN.jpg

IMG_8826.jpg

Berwick kindled this morning, 11 kits, her third litter. Last litter she nursed 12 trough weaning--they'll be ready for freezer camp soon. I wondered if she'd be able to feed that many since she's rather small--just seven and a half pounds. But this time I won't be worrying. So pleased that she wasn't due earlier in the week when it was so hot and humid here. Comfortable and fresh air now and for as far as the forecast runs. In the photo they're just an hour or so old. She was pulling fur while my daughter was cleaning out this morning and when she came back from cleaning the grow-out cages in another area, there were kits. Just brought them in to check and count--then put the nest box back. And took Berwick some parsley and borage :)

Here are my fist kits.. Seven in all.. three chocolate, three chocolate otter, and one oddball torte I think.
should be opening their eyes, this weekend or so. They are all so cute.
Now looking for a great chocolate buck that I can buy so I have my own buck to use on this doe again and her daughter that
I bought with this senior doe.phpSeHXWpAM.jpg[/attachment] phpSeHXWpAM.jpg

Attachments

• phpcB2Ay5AM.jpg
    phpcB2Ay5AM.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,045
July was a bust, and August had a couple disappointments, but all in all, August was a win :D
These 4 litters are going to be my breeding does for spring (4-6), the rest will be going to camp.

First litter: Pearl (NZW X Satin) X Royal (Cali)
9 pointed white babies, now 2 weeks old (6 with Pearl, 3 fostered to Clover)
pearlaug152week.jpg

Second Litter: Clover (harle FG X) X Prince Harry (Broken NZR)
Only two... broken reds (pictured with 3 fosters from Pearl)
cloveraug1511days.jpg

Third Litter: Speedwell (harle FG X, Clover daughter) X Royal (Cali)
11 survivors of 12 born, I was away, DH did his best~ I'm home now and supplemental feeding a few skinny ones
speedaug154day.jpg

Fourth Litter: Holly (harle FG X, Clover daughter) X Oberon (lilac SR buck)
11 survivors of 12 born~ all chestnut I believe (!)
hollyaug154days.jpg

Moona (SR) and Coco (HLop) are due tomorrow with purebred/ pedigreed litters :p

First wigglers in 5 years. Finally the hard work is paying off :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150830_151828_630.jpg
    IMG_20150830_151828_630.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 1,018
So I have some new babies :popcorn: These are quite literally a surprise, because I had no idea she was still pregnant :| This was a pregnancy as a result of accidentally breeding with the buck a few days (maybe a week after, I'm not entire sure lol) giving birth to her previous planned litter. She had gone from being pretty round, to being slim about halfway through the pregnancy and I thought she'd lost it.

So I have even planned to pair her with the buck again on the 30th of this month in hopes of having babies born on Halloween. Guess not now xD.

I literally had no idea about these *until* I went on food and water checks and saw this little blob laying in the middle of Elviras cage. I kinda stood there for a few seconds, dumbfounded because I had no idea what I was looking at! :shock:

Then I got kinda worried, a baby laying in the middle of the cage, no nest or fur anywhere. But it was warm and when I realized that it wasn't a newborn (they're at least 3-4 days old) My brain started working and I looked into the nest box to find a very well hidden nest, all the fur was *under* the hay, and three more, warm little babies(and two *very small dead ones) and of course, because Elvira never stays with her babies for long, some are more fed than others.
INqGZ3a.jpg

Never gotten one like this, it's interesting looking, and has a grayish tint in person.
XSrSxUK.jpg

Funny thing is, I cleaned out the cages the other day and actually looked in the nest box, but didn't root around and if I hadn't found the baby in the middle of the cage, I would have literally never known about them xD

Fireclaws bunnbutts":1r5g75xd said:
Never gotten one like this, it's interesting looking, and has a grayish tint in person.

Lol, when I saw that the title of a 1956 SF-Novel sparked up in my head: "Tiger! Tiger!"
I think Gully Foyle was the protagonist, just if you're looking for a name :D

That sure is one pretty bunny :p

As always, everyone's babies are so precious. :love:

I have a new camera!!!! :cheer1: :thewave: :cheer2:

So I can finally post my babies again too.
Not that much has actually happened here recently. I've actually trimmed my rabbits way down. Not one single mutt left on the property. Just harlis, woolies, and the two v-lops, Mucky and Sushi.

7 new harlequin kits still japs, but...magpies are expected in about 3 weeks. :clover:

Attachments

• DSCN0132.JPG
    DSCN0132.JPG
    381.1 KB · Views: 985
Those are so stinkin' pretty, Zass! :p I swear, if I'm ever in PA, I'mma look you up into getting me one or two of those xD. But it'll probably never happen, since I never go anywhere lol!

I'm hoping to actually start making my Harles be that patchy, so I've been on the hunt for a red/orange/broken of those two, of course, no luck thus far, cause my Harle pair already throws nice looking babies, just gotta patch em up :x

Here's a better pic of my four babies from this morning.
eByPqkq.jpg

And apparently, I got a torted Harlequin, according to the rabbit genetics group on FB. Which is pretty cool, Never had one before.
ZshErnW.jpg

Latest posts

Back