Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My colorful little quartet
Chestnut, opal, chocolate chestnut and lynx.
In that order because opal is dilute
chestnut(black based) agouti,
and lynx is dilute chocolate agouti.
GEDC3334.JPG

And, a couple of the lynx colored kits:
GEDC3407.JPG

Oh, Zass, I always say colors don't really matter to me, but wouldn't it be fun to see those four bopping around. :)

And while color isn't what I chose keepers for, I realize that one of the reasons I was so disappointed in losing the first litter this spring was that there was more color variety and I was looking forward to seeing how they'd look once they furred out.

Is that single face pic from WhWR a broken chestnut? Very cool color.

Lynx is interesting Zass... but for some reason I'm loving the chestnuts.

JenerationX":3psy969h said:
Rainey":3psy969h said:
Oh, Zass, I always say colors don't really matter to me, but wouldn't it be fun to see those four bopping around. :)

My interest is in producing pelts for tanning. Lynx and opal are colors I'd wear or decorate my home with, so I wanted to try producing it on a longer coated rabbit(with a soft fur texture).
Those are not common colors in fur breeds...though, thinking back, I suppose I could have used french lops for the colors and large sized pelts.

Chestnut is good for costume work, anywhere one might need to use a wild-looking rabbit skin. See, tanned domestic rabbit pelts can be shipped internationally, because they are livestock. Wild rabbits cannot, so there are advantages to having some wild looking fur-type rabbits.

JenerationX":zivu43bt said:
Is that single face pic from WhWR a broken chestnut? Very cool color.

I believe both of the brokens I have are the same as their Momma - a broken black steel (gold tipped). Here is the Mom's picture:

WolfSong%2BB3A%2Bwelcome%2Bbloga.jpg

For ID-ing broken steel kits, look at the color inside their ears. If it comes in nice and white, they are chestnuts. If it grows in a dingy looking yellowish color(or anything darker), they are
gold tipped steel.

Once they get a little older it's harder to tell by their ears. You can look back and see my agouti quartet all have tawny trim on their ears now, but a few days ago they were all very white. I think it's easiest to detect the difference by ears color around 7 days.

I mean, sometimes a steel is obviously a steel and you just know, but occasionally, it can look more like a chestnut. Thankfully, they never develop exactly like agouti rabbits, so a breeder with kits can tell.

__________ Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:09 pm __________

:in_love:

Just look at those white bellies. :D

:pinkbunny: :pinkbunny: :pinkbunny: :pinkbunny: <- happy dance for so many not-steel kits.

Attachments

• GEDC3359.JPG
    GEDC3359.JPG
    282 KB · Views: 856
Well, it's time for me to say goodbye to these 8 wk olds (pics at 7 wks)... the bottom picture looks more like a groundhog than a rabbit :lol:

Attachments

• pr 7wk sp doe.jpg
    pr 7wk sp doe.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 842
  • sp 7wk black doe.jpg
    sp 7wk black doe.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 842
  • pr 7wk black buck.jpg
    pr 7wk black buck.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 842
Here's my litter of 6 at 10 days. The lighter harlie is 6 days and the only survivor of a litter of 4 born on day 33. Nearly the same size of the others. The two tri's eyes are open.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 767

Latest posts

Back