Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, my rabbit knowledge ignorance coming out here, so please forgive me, but, what is a popple?

DBA":1pxjvwne said:
Ok, my rabbit knowledge ignorance coming out here, so please forgive me, but, what is a popple?
"Popple" is just our fun name for new rabbit kits, because of their tendency to "pop" (jump) like popcorn when disturbed. They do this to get to Mom to nurse quickly, but they will do it whether the doe is there or not.

Once they stop popping, they're not considered popples any more, though there's nothing set in stone about it. :)

DBA, I had never heard the term "popple" before joining this group either. Once we had our first litter of kits and they started "popping" up and down I totally understood how the term came to be. :)

I got to be surprised by Ava (Jersey Wooly crosses) on Friday morning, after the rain of course, with 7 new kits in a fluffed up nest of what fur! When I first pulled the fur back I only saw 2. They would not stay still for me to count them. :roll:
First Sight:20150130_090041 (800x600).jpg
Fur Pulled back:20150130_090117 (800x600).jpg
Blurry count inside:20150130_090748.jpg

Congratulations Zass & Sagebrush!!

I did a photo shoot of my little ones today - already almost 3 weeks old.
Picture overload - I warn you! :D
Jap%2BHarl%2B1.JPG

Jap%2BHarl%2BQuincy%2B1.JPG

Pepper%2B3.JPG

Blue%2BMagpie%2B1.JPG

Black%2BMagpie%2B1.JPG

19%2Bdays%2BViolet%2BThomas%2B2nd%2Blitter%2B014.JPG

and the 10 week old from the previous litter:
Henry%2B10%2Bweeks%2B2.JPG

THEY ARE SO CUTE!! Three weeks!!!

Mine just hit 10 days and they are FLOOFY!! Their eyes are cracked open too, squinting at the world! I can just imagine the conversations happening: "Omg, you're so ugly and I've been sleeping in a pile with you the whole time? I hope I look better than that!"

QAfpcnV.jpg

My lovely little doe and her kits! The blurry one seems to be a wooly, and it's own. The clear / orange one is Hobbit, and he's got a screwy leg. My does kit was 4 weeks, and he was 3 weeks when I adopted him to her. They seem to get along pretty well though :) the kits love each other. The mom was annoyed by him at first because he didn't smell like her, but she quickly got over it.

Latest posts

Back