Spring plants for the buns? What's up?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaggieJ

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
We're in Zone 5 here and the green season is just beginning. It's earlier than usual this year by two or three weeks. I've seen the beginnings of dandelions, clover, and grass growing and the maple buds have burst already. :)

What's starting where you are?

green grass starting, my garlic is up! my onions are up! I have star snow flowers. Tulips pushing through the ground, half of my raised beds are dug up with compostables in the bottom of them.

Ah... and it's not even the end of March. I'm hoping this year won't be too dry.

Grass is growing like crazy! Turning a nice bright green color! Tulips are up and about ready to bloom! I plan to start gathering greens next week for the rabbits.

Dandelions, clover, yarrow, plantain, and a bunch more :up: we have been getting lots of rain so everything is greening up fast.
Our peach trees have already bloomed and the bees have been working them, they are going into the hives loaded down with pollen.
Yeah, yeah, yeah spring is here :mbounce:.
I have been feeding my rabbit a hand full of greens every day and I have noticed she hasn't eaten very many pellets lately. :D

I chilled my fingers gathering just a handful of grass and dandelion leaves for the buns yesterday. Everything is still so short and hard to pluck. Ah, well... won't be long now before there is an abundance!

Latest posts

Back