Register

A rabbit that likes to lick me but avoids being touched.

A place to discuss the particular challenges and ethical issues facing the breeder of pet rabbits today.
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,658.00

A rabbit that likes to lick me but avoids being touched.

Post Number:#1  Unread postby a7736100 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:56 am

I have a buck that licks and chin my hand daily when I feed and water him. He'll come to the cage door and even sticks his head out the door. However if I try to pet him he avoids it. He only allows me to sometimes touch his hind back area without moving away.

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,595.00

Re: A rabbit that likes to lick me but avoids being touched.

Post Number:#2  Unread postby hotzcatz » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:34 am

Try petting behind the ears along with a bit of ear rub. It seems they frequently don't like their noses touched, I think they can't see directly in front of their nose and get surprised when something touches their nose, perhaps? Also, bribe them when they get petted. If they're eating their favorite food every time they get petted, pretty soon they will want pets. But, all rabbits are different, he may not ever like to be petted.
Hula Bunny Yarn from Hillside Farm Hawaii
http://www.hillsidefarmhawaii.com