Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zass":ra9jmpsv said:
And I know we've both culled rabbits for lesser infringements upon the requirement of having the appearance of perfect health. ;)

Well, yes, I will admit to that... but! Bite your tongue! :eek: Send him to Duman's Ark, or get on the Astrex groups on FB... someone is bound to want to add that homely little dude to their curly barn! :lol:

Although if he shows the digestive issues that the others have had, I of course rescind those recommendations, and suggest rabbit enchiladas instead. :p

Mini-lop doe with ND sire: six poppies!

Born 10-14-14 and the momma doe was bred exactly 30 days prior.

minilopmum02.jpg

minilopmum.jpg

minilopmum03.jpg

mini-lopkit01.jpg

mini-lopkit02.jpg

What fat little pooples, Wabbit! :p They are adorable!

Poor Mum looks exhausted in that last photo, lol! "Whew! Finally got the nursery finished, and not a moment too soon!"

Thanks MSD! :D
That was after she kindled..definitely exhausted after that!

I saw her attempt to did the cage floor two days prior, so I brought in a pile of straw and she immediately gathered them.

mini-lopkit03.jpg

They have such cute little ears! Nice and plump too. I just love seeing plump kits. :)

My Igor is getting some fuzz! See his crown is darker, and his blaze is beginning to look white instead of pink.

I think the timing of the shed might help sort out which balding gene I have, since there seems to be more than one mutation that can cause this.
I first saw crown shedding at 13 days and hair regrowth is noticeable 25 days.

Attachments

• GEDC0501.JPG
    GEDC0501.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 2,287
Wabbitjack":322gjf1r said:
Think the ears will be lopped like their mum?

Nope, unless your ND has it for some reason. Lopping is a recessive trait so both parents need to carry it. Sometimes you get 1/2 lopped ears though, which is pretty cute.

__________ Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:01 pm __________

image.php

I was sitting with my v-lops. Their pen is large enough for me to walk into and have a seat. All the kits AND Mucky took turns on my lap getting pet (or piled on all together).
But...this little doeling, Spider, was able to find a quiet moment for a little lap nap. Well, until Mucky and Spot stepped on her. :roll:

V-lops are dangerous little rabbits. What I'm I going to do now? I have to choose between the big colorful meat rabbits I've been working on, and filling the place up with velveteens...

She'll outgrow that wavy coat, probably, but I'm afraid she's stuck with the big ears. ;)

It's a shame the other bunnies piled in and wreaked poor Spider' nap. :eek:

GEDC0773.JPG
Wow,
my camera is making Mucky look huge! :shock: She's only 6 1/2 lbs.

__________ Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:16 pm __________

GEDC0936.JPG

Another litter!

GEDC0983.JPG

This one is a MR/V-lop cross litter.
My intentions with the pairing is to explore the heredity of the curl trait. When crossed to normal furred rabbits I have had 0% curly kits from bucks who threw 100% curls with my Mucky.

I wanted to see what one of those bucks might produce when crossed to "normal" rex coats.

I hadn't guessed the litter colors for a reason. This one needed a day or two for the colors to come in. :D The other kits look to be a broken blue, a broken black, and a chestnut.

I haven't done ANYTHING with ej or tri colors. Lets see if I can figure this out...

...the MR doe is a broken harlequinized chestnut with a color-crossed background.

She had a self black parent, I think. I took a glance at her pedigree but I didn't purchase it because she really wasn't typey enough for me to consider her for a MR breeding program, or selling her for that purpose later. I just wanted her for mutts. With the kits she threw, she must carry dilute and self.
Is this correct?
Aa B_ C_ Dd Eej Enen

The V-lop buck is a REW who is genetically a broken black carrying dilute. Since he threw a kit like this, I guess he must have non-extension as well.
aa B_ cc Dd Ee ENen...I think.

And the kit would be aa B_ Cc dd eje ENen ? Those dark ear tips make me think it's torted, and thus a genetic self..

So..the color would be dilute, torted tri?

Attachments

• GEDC1043.JPG
    GEDC1043.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 2,206
  • GEDC1042.JPG
    GEDC1042.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,206
Definitely tri... I'd give it some time, though. Can't tell yet if it's a torted tri, or if the colour on the ears is from the black tri markings. Also, I think it might be dense colour, not dilute, as those spots look pretty dark.

Bad Habit":3flizogq said:
Definitely tri... I'd give it some time, though. Can't tell yet if it's a torted tri, or if the colour on the ears is from the black tri markings. Also, I think it might be dense colour, not dilute, as those spots look pretty dark.

I wish my camera didn't mangle the colors so badly!

It looks dark by itself, but next to it's dense littermates it looks dilute. (My camera also sometimes makes blues look lilac, but they aren't) I also thought tort because it didn't have the bluish ear color at birth, where the blue spots were already present. You can just barely see them if you look closely at the first pic of this litter I posted.

Attachments

• GEDC1046.JPG
    GEDC1046.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 2,178
  • GEDC1045.JPG
    GEDC1045.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 2,178
three week babies#2.jpgHere's the top ten. I had miscounted initially. I thought there were 12 before the one runt died but now that they are big enough to move around without fear of damaging them I find there are "only" 10. :lol: Here they are 3 weeks old now.

Attachments

• three week  babies #4.jpg
    three week babies #4.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,368
Back