weaving a rodent house

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permajen

Reaction score
Hello again, Rabbit talkers -- I left after my beautiful bunnies died, but it's such a warm and friendly forum I just had to trot back.
This time with cavies...
I've repurposed the 10' x 10' rabbit pen and made it suit guinea pigs. Meanwhile, just to try out some online ideas, I made this:
]
I know, it's not the handsomest house on the street, but it's surprisingly sturdy, and although the cavies wanted to eat the roof, they soon lost interest in favour of fresher food.
The twigs are privet and the grass came from a nearby paddock that's been let go to seed. Everything is locked together with the tension of the twigs, i.e. no string or wire. I expect one day the wrong twig will come loose and it will explode...
But it was fun to make, and maybe something kids could do, especially if you had some spare apple prunings?
cheers from down south
Jen

Heya permajen! Glad to see you back. I am so sorry you lost all your bunnies :cry: but glad you found another use for the pen. :D That little Cavy is so cute on the house. As the twigs dry they should hold their shape fairly well I would think.

Looks good! Lol cavy are so fun. I am possibly buyin up a group includin some i had sold off a year ago. Good project! They just love hiding spots.

Love to see more of how its set up for them :)

*waves to Jen* Hiya!

With that adorable house, please tell me your cavies have Hobbit themed names :)

Latest posts

Back