Annoying behavior!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzy9

Reaction score
Would you keep this in your rabbitry, and would something like this breed to any offspring? My blue buck that I had decided to keep, is doing something really annoying. It bugs the heck out of me! The whole time I'm in the rabbitry, any time I'm in there, he stands on his hind legs, and scratches at the roof of his cage. He gets so obnoxious about it sometimes, that he just flips over he gets so into it. It's loud, disrupting to the rest of the rabbits, and just down right annoying! I've tried putting him in the bottom cage, and putting something on top of his cage, but it doesn't matter, nothing stops it.

He has a really good personality, very friendly, but he's hyper, and I'm just not sure I want that in my herd.......but, he's such a pretty color!

Thoughts?

Keep what you like, whether it's physical traits or temperament or whatever, you must like what you keep in order to progress with your herd.

Maybe he is bored... does he have any toys?

He might like to shred a phone book or cardboard box, since he seems to like to "dig".

Most rabbits like noisy toys such as tuna cans that they can fling around, or balls with bells in them (I got some nice ones at the 99cent store), and whiffle balls are good, but far better if two are connected by a shower curtain ring so they are easy to pick up.

I recently made some chew toys for my rabbits with wood and shower curtain rings- you could make an even longer chain and add other things to them. You can see them here:

rabbittalk.com/new-hanging-chew-toys-for-the-bunnehs-t14030.html

and that's a rabbit that would make me laugh. You might try just reaching in and giving him a pet, or feeding him first.

Ditto on MSD::

He's bored!! Wants attention!! He's trying to tell you something.

Give him an empty tuna can. A 4" piece of 2"X2" white pine. An old croquet ball. ANYTHING!!

:mrgreen: A girlfriend..on a regular basis?? :twisted:

Grumpy.

LOL!! He's like a spoiled teenager then is what you are saying? :lol: I have a chew stick in there for him, and he always has free choice hay, with extra pellets, so it's not feed. He does love to be pet though. I have some plastic little balls with bells in that I can give him, and I'll get him a little can to play with too, and some more things to chew on.

Funny thing is, I did try to breed him yesterday, he's young, but he knew exactly what to do. The doe wasn't cooperating though, otherwise I may have had some broken blue kits in a month! She preferred my black NZ buck over blue. Bummer! :lol:

Latest posts

Back