Oddly shaped poo...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cav.

Reaction score
Noticed today my rabbit had some large poop, not pebble shaped O_O She just has pellets and hay for majority of her diet, and recently I started giving her a little bit of carrot and carrot tops. Is this bad...? Im getting scared again! Ahh :(

dsc7825.jpg

A certain amount of variation is to be expected with changes in diet. It's that way for all of us, isn't it? It's hard to tell from the picture just how large they are compared to "normal" poop. I wouldn't be scared, but I would feed more grass hay and less of the other stuff for a couple of days. Let us know if there are any changes and/or other symptoms.

I have a doe who does this too, they tend to be softer than her normal poops...She is a piggy when it comes to fresh food, and so I just figured she was getting wetter feed, therefore wetter poop. Since she is healthy and in great condition I don't worry about her. :D

But if she doesn't start to look pregnant soon she may have to worry about ME! :evil:

Ahhh, that may explain the moisture then. Carrot top and carrots and one sliver of apple. I guess I shouldnt be worrying then :) mine is also a piggy when it comes to fresh food and pellets haha

I would cut back a little bit on the treats
to the point where the dumps are the normal
hard round berries. Loose/softer pellets tend to get
squashed by feet and into fur. Whatever works for you
is what is best.
Ottersatin

Latest posts

Back