Register

EC? Emergency ?

Diagnosing and treating rabbit ailments. *Caution! These threads may contain graphic content.*
Posts: 48
Joined: April 14, 2020
Location: England
Female
Thanks: 14
Thanked: 1 in 1 post
BunnyBucks: 295.00

EC? Emergency ?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Jasminebunny » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:56 pm


Hi , i think my 2 week old kit and her mum , may have E.Cunili ( If thats spelt right..?) .
Is this need vet ? An emergency ?

It keeps doing these tremouring and shaking-ish movements , and weakness in its legs , is that EC?

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 7537
Joined: December 26, 2009
Location: near London, Ontario
Canada Female
Thanks: 46
Thanked: 823 in 700 posts
BunnyBucks: 34,336.00

Re: EC? Emergency ?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby ladysown » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:53 pm


its hard to know without seeing.
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

Posts: 48
Joined: April 14, 2020
Location: England
Female
Thanks: 14
Thanked: 1 in 1 post
BunnyBucks: 295.00

Re: EC? Emergency ?

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Jasminebunny » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:19 pm


ladysown wrote:its hard to know without seeing.

Okay sorry

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 2535
Joined: December 6, 2013
Location: Piney Flats ,Tn.
United States of America Male
Thanks: 1584
Thanked: 786 in 613 posts
BunnyBucks: 12,653.00

Re: EC? Emergency ?

Post Number:#4  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:05 am


If you feed onions [or a bunch of green onions],each day for 2 weeks - and the symptoms are reduced...
It is EC...
allium plants control EC, but do not "cure" it .
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

Posts: 48
Joined: April 14, 2020
Location: England
Female
Thanks: 14
Thanked: 1 in 1 post
BunnyBucks: 295.00

Re: EC? Emergency ?

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Jasminebunny » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:09 pm


[quote="michaels4gardens"]If you feed onions [or a bunch of green onions],each day for 2 weeks - and the symptoms are reduced...
It is EC...
allium plants control EC, but do not "cure" it .[/quot

I thought onion was toxic ?..

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 2535
Joined: December 6, 2013
Location: Piney Flats ,Tn.
United States of America Male
Thanks: 1584
Thanked: 786 in 613 posts
BunnyBucks: 12,653.00

Re: EC? Emergency ?

Post Number:#6  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:08 pm


Jasminebunny wrote:
michaels4gardens wrote:If you feed onions [or a bunch of green onions],each day for 2 weeks - and the symptoms are reduced...
It is EC...
allium plants control EC, but do not "cure" it .[/quot

I thought onion was toxic ?..

onion/garlic is only toxic to "house rabbit society", and cats
the info the HRS "expert", used to promote this "nonsense", was taken from a study on cats..
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

Posts: 48
Joined: April 14, 2020
Location: England
Female
Thanks: 14
Thanked: 1 in 1 post
BunnyBucks: 295.00

Re: EC? Emergency ?

Post Number:#7  Unread postby Jasminebunny » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:21 pm


michaels4gardens wrote:
Jasminebunny wrote:
michaels4gardens wrote:If you feed onions [or a bunch of green onions],each day for 2 weeks - and the symptoms are reduced...
It is EC...
allium plants control EC, but do not "cure" it .[/quot

I thought onion was toxic ?..

onion/garlic is only toxic to "house rabbit society", and cats
the info the HRS "expert", used to promote this "nonsense", was taken from a study on cats..

Oh , alright !
I fed some today , also whats "house rabbit society" ?

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 789
Joined: February 15, 2014
Location: Austria
Austria
Thanks: 119
Thanked: 283 in 214 posts
BunnyBucks: 4,347.00

Re: EC? Emergency ?

Post Number:#8  Unread postby Preitler » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:08 am


People with good intentions for pet rabbits who made a professional website a lot of people with limited knowledge refer to, but somehow behaving like they have a monoply on knowledge about rabbits, which is far from true, it's a rather small bubble. Anyway, a lot of information about pet rabbits there.

There are more such groups, some better, some worse. There isn't a single german board whithout a crusade against any kind of breeding, let alone any other use apart that for psychological needs (pets). Some even are on a crusade against any kind of dry food, including hay, I guess because old cats on dry food get kidney troubles.

Ah, gosh, don't get me started ;) :wr_facedesk:

The following user would like to thank Preitler for this post
Zass

Posts: 48
Joined: April 14, 2020
Location: England
Female
Thanks: 14
Thanked: 1 in 1 post
BunnyBucks: 295.00

Re: EC? Emergency ?

Post Number:#9  Unread postby Jasminebunny » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:48 am


Preitler wrote:People with good intentions for pet rabbits who made a professional website a lot of people with limited knowledge refer to, but somehow behaving like they have a monoply on knowledge about rabbits, which is far from true, it's a rather small bubble. Anyway, a lot of information about pet rabbits there.

There are more such groups, some better, some worse. There isn't a single german board whithout a crusade against any kind of breeding, let alone any other use apart that for psychological needs (pets). Some even are on a crusade against any kind of dry food, including hay, I guess because old cats on dry food get kidney troubles.

Ah, gosh, don't get me started ;) :wr_facedesk:

I'm sorryy i don't know what you mean.. :wr_shrug:

Posts: 96
Joined: August 20, 2019
Thanks: 27
Thanked: 30 in 25 posts
BunnyBucks: 644.00

Re: EC? Emergency ?

Post Number:#10  Unread postby Mini Lop Fan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:39 pm


Preitler wrote:People with good intentions for pet rabbits who made a professional website a lot of people with limited knowledge refer to, but somehow behaving like they have a monoply on knowledge about rabbits, which is far from true, it's a rather small bubble. Anyway, a lot of information about pet rabbits there.

There are more such groups, some better, some worse. There isn't a single german board whithout a crusade against any kind of breeding, let alone any other use apart that for psychological needs (pets). Some even are on a crusade against any kind of dry food, including hay, I guess because old cats on dry food get kidney troubles.

Ah, gosh, don't get me started ;) :wr_facedesk:


I agree. There is a lot of well-meaning, but misinformed pet owners out there just mixed in with the crazy HRS people....it is just best to double check any information you read. :D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests