Register

EC? Emergency ?

Diagnosing and treating rabbit ailments. *Caution! These threads may contain graphic content.*
Female
BunnyBucks: 295.00

EC? Emergency ?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Jasminebunny » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:56 pm

Hi , i think my 2 week old kit and her mum , may have E.Cunili ( If thats spelt right..?) .
Is this need vet ? An emergency ?

It keeps doing these tremouring and shaking-ish movements , and weakness in its legs , is that EC?

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 34,336.00

Re: EC? Emergency ?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby ladysown » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:53 pm

its hard to know without seeing.
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

Female

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Jasminebunny » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:19 pm

ladysown wrote:its hard to know without seeing.

Okay sorry

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 12,653.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:05 am

If you feed onions [or a bunch of green onions],each day for 2 weeks - and the symptoms are reduced...
It is EC...
allium plants control EC, but do not "cure" it .
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

Female

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Jasminebunny » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:09 pm

[quote="michaels4gardens"]If you feed onions [or a bunch of green onions],each day for 2 weeks - and the symptoms are reduced...
It is EC...
allium plants control EC, but do not "cure" it .[/quot

I thought onion was toxic ?..

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 12,653.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:08 pm

Jasminebunny wrote:
michaels4gardens wrote:If you feed onions [or a bunch of green onions],each day for 2 weeks - and the symptoms are reduced...
It is EC...

onion/garlic is only toxic to "house rabbit society", and cats
the info the HRS "expert", used to promote this "nonsense", was taken from a study on cats..
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

Female

Post Number:#7  Unread postby Jasminebunny » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:21 pm

michaels4gardens wrote:
Jasminebunny wrote:
michaels4gardens wrote:If you feed onions [or a bunch of green onions],each day for 2 weeks - and the symptoms are reduced...
It is EC...

onion/garlic is only toxic to "house rabbit society", and cats
the info the HRS "expert", used to promote this "nonsense", was taken from a study on cats..

Oh , alright !
I fed some today , also whats "house rabbit society" ?

Site Supporter
Austria
BunnyBucks: 4,347.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby Preitler » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:08 am

People with good intentions for pet rabbits who made a professional website a lot of people with limited knowledge refer to, but somehow behaving like they have a monoply on knowledge about rabbits, which is far from true, it's a rather small bubble. Anyway, a lot of information about pet rabbits there.

There are more such groups, some better, some worse. There isn't a single german board whithout a crusade against any kind of breeding, let alone any other use apart that for psychological needs (pets). Some even are on a crusade against any kind of dry food, including hay, I guess because old cats on dry food get kidney troubles.

Ah, gosh, don't get me started ;) :wr_facedesk:

The following user would like to thank Preitler for this post
Zass

Female

Post Number:#9  Unread postby Jasminebunny » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:48 am

Preitler wrote:People with good intentions for pet rabbits who made a professional website a lot of people with limited knowledge refer to, but somehow behaving like they have a monoply on knowledge about rabbits, which is far from true, it's a rather small bubble. Anyway, a lot of information about pet rabbits there.

There are more such groups, some better, some worse. There isn't a single german board whithout a crusade against any kind of breeding, let alone any other use apart that for psychological needs (pets). Some even are on a crusade against any kind of dry food, including hay, I guess because old cats on dry food get kidney troubles.

I'm sorryy i don't know what you mean.. :wr_shrug:

BunnyBucks: 644.00

Post Number:#10  Unread postby Mini Lop Fan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:39 pm

Preitler wrote:People with good intentions for pet rabbits who made a professional website a lot of people with limited knowledge refer to, but somehow behaving like they have a monoply on knowledge about rabbits, which is far from true, it's a rather small bubble. Anyway, a lot of information about pet rabbits there.

I agree. There is a lot of well-meaning, but misinformed pet owners out there just mixed in with the crazy HRS people....it is just best to double check any information you read. :D