Your Favorite Winter Activities!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, definitely! It’s a cold place in the winter. ❄️

Nice winter activities there, @hotzcatz !
Well, it actually does get cold here in the winter - sorta, anyway. We don't have a heater in the house so when it's below sixty outside, it's below sixty inside. It will get down to mid-fifties for a few nights in the winter, but, we shut the windows and wear socks, so we survive. I do think about making a blanket out of the angora fluff, though. It'd be a really toasty warm blanket!

This is such a fun thread! I love hearing about what everyone is doing. Our winters are not that cold. It might snow 2x's the whole year or not at all. Even so, most of our free time is spent chainsawing and splitting wood for our classic woodstove (Fisher) we put in last year. It's a hungry beast. We were cutting grass and fixing plumbing all summer so never got our wood stockpile to where it needed to be. We also bake a lot of homemade bread for fun, hunt, make jerky, brew wine, and are fixing up the house. Since we just bought our homestead a year and a half ago, it's a huge project. Painting, replacing ceiling tiles. fixing floors, fixing plumbing, clearing underbrush, putting up fencing, etc. Oh, and there is the eternal battle against the rats that live in the shed/coop/woodpile.

I used to crochet...that was part of my "life before kids." Love seeing what y'all are working on.

Oh yes. We are plotting and scheming a grand garden this year. The plot has been covered in rotting cardboard, straw, coffee grounds, wood ash, and chicken guano for months now. Next month we'll be fencing. And I'll start accumulating seeds.

My DD graduates this May so I am planning her party. My DS wants to get his first job and go on the trip to Florida with the grandparents this summer. I usually crochet neck gaiters with leftover balls of yard, which is rather fun. Taking care of the couple rabbits in the garage and keeping my garage fishtank running so that the water plants from my small (shallow) pond will survive til late spring. This month I am having to decide the best way to prune my peach tree in the back yard.

Latest posts

Back