You didn't (husband). Yes, yes I did! (me)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayna

Reaction score
I traded 1, one year old laying barred rock chicken for this trio....

1451477_10201422918789623_1608237990_n.jpg

Stinky poop, but cute.

Anyone have any advice? I have a three acre guava orchard full of rotting guava with loads of buggies in them.

Would that make good duckie food?

I bet they would love to be the guava cleanup crew!

I have three ducks, too. I didn't realize just how stinky they are though, so I think mine are going to be dinner soon.

that is why I call them Muckys (Muscovy duck + nasty poop = MUCKY!)

Yes, Cute, but be careful. Muscovies are more feral than mallard based duck breeds and can be fairly aggressive. I ended up putting my mom's in the freezer.

ON the bright side...
It's true what they say about them tasting like beef.

I disagree, PSFAngoras, I have three pet muscovy ducks. Two I raised from ducklings (1x drake and 1x hen) and one (other hen) was found abandoned on a busy road. Surprisingly, the one I found is more imprinted on me than the two I raised. I've never had any aggression from any of them. I think it's about the way they are raised, the way they are treated and respecting boundaries. For example, I always walk slowly around them and don't make sudden movements. I also don't disturb their nests until they are away from the nest and unable to see me.
I think respecting their natural instincts is a big thing. People don't realise how protective drakes can be of their hens or how protective hens can be of their babies and eggs. :)

Latest posts

Back