Yes! Checkers has a home

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imajpm

Reaction score
So I have had this gold tipped steel buck for a good while. He is a Satin, was up for sale for a while, but is a relatively unknown breed in my area, as well as being a color not accepted for showing. I named him Chubby Checkers because he was the hugest chunk of a kit. He ended up being a rabbit that I had little use for but that I just could not send to the freezer. He is vigorous, friendly, very busy, and just plain charming. He opens his hutch door but never leaves his hutch. He just likes it open I guess :) I did put a dog leash clip on there eventually, because I didn't like the door open.

Anyhow long story short, I met this hippy lady a while back (that's what she calls herself). She took a rooster who was in the same boat as Checkers. Super sweet gentle giant. So then she decided to add rabbits and I brought her a few girls and toured her place. I was not sure I wanted to give up Checkers yet but once I spent the afternoon there I was sure. Her chickens are all super tame and get so much love and attention. Galump, the rooster is in paradise. She had the girls out and on her lap immediately. They will have a large colony area, with tons of grass, plenty of room to run, and a lovely mama. Incidentally, I have a new friend as well :lol: She is coming to visit tomorrow to get ideas, meet her girls parents, and to meet Checkers. I am so happy. He is going to love it. He's one of my favorites and I've been so unreasonably picky about where he goes! I am so happy! Yay Checkers! Some baby, and juvie pics. He's a great big solid brick now.

675.JPG

0914141335.jpg

Awww. Good for you that you found him a home. I swear the Steels have grown the nicest. They're always big fat babies. Too bad I don't want to focus on that color. I admit I have kept a few back. Angora, so.... I can excuse it as a wooler.

Zinnia":2t40ddiz said:
Awww. Good for you that you found him a home. I swear the Steels have grown the nicest. They're always big fat babies. Too bad I don't want to focus on that color. I admit I have kept a few back. Angora, so.... I can excuse it as a wooler.

Oh yes! If that shows up in my angoras, or hehe if I breed it in, I certainly will keep them. I have Germans so there's no restrictions on color for hybrids :lol: Unlike ARBA breeds.

imajpm":x6qtmo3d said:
Zinnia":x6qtmo3d said:

Oh yes! If that shows up in my angoras, or hehe if I breed it in, I certainly will keep them. I have Germans so there's no restrictions on color for hybrids :lol: Unlike ARBA breeds.

Well, come on over and get your Steel FA! :D I have a few to choose from.

Latest posts

Back