Yay he's here!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
My pedigreed show quality tov (touch of velvet) white male chinchilla. I put down my deposit a month ago. He's in a bit of shock though and I had to help him to his house last night. Today he's recovering and actually moving around.

DSCN1690_zps5682595b.jpg

We can make baby chinchillas! It will only take about 5 months...

oooh... I worked as a pet food representative part-time and would spend hours in this one pet store that always had chinchillas, I sucked at my rep job mainly because I spent half my time ogling the chinchilla display and daydreaming. :)

I so DO NOT NEED a chinchilla - but gosh they're so cute and funny!

Aww they are so cute! I had 4 at one time, I fosted a family from the SPCA, they had phenmonia. Lost 2 of them, Vet didn't think that any would survive. The 2 that made it, both males, lived her a year but had to give them up due to allergies. They are so soft and cuddly!

Wow, he is gorgeous! I've never seen one that color.

:congratulations:

Can't wait to see the little chin babies! :p

Baby chins are the cutest things ever! The one I fostered was 2 days old. It was so sad when she passed away.

He finally settled in enough to eat and drink and just gorged himself. His pellet dish probably holds 3-5 days of food normally and he emptied it. I couldn't see quite how much water was gone because I didn't have my glasses on. Today he meets his new girlfriend. There cages sit next to each other but they pretty much don't come out of their houses except to eat and drink. The female also grudgingly takes treats. They aren't really people oriented chinchillas. That's what we have her twin ebony boys for. The smaller one was hanging out of the cage looking for treats today while I tried to give some around him to the bigger one. They've gone from oatmeal junkies to cheerio junkies lately.<br /><br />__________ Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:35 pm __________<br /><br />He's been moved to a ferret nation cage where he can run around. We're naming this one trouble. While I was trying to get him safely in to the bathroom away from the door so I could shuffle everyone he kept running behind me and when I finally got him on the other side he ducked under the rabbit cage where the tray would go if we weren't using fleece to make a solid floor. I had to have my husband pick up the cage and tip it while I jammed my arm in and shoved him to get him out. He is happily, mostly, in a clean, large cage now.

DSCN1698_zps3c97a262.jpg

DSCN1697_zpsb1c42af3.jpg

DSCN1696_zps7b45fd5a.jpg

Latest posts

Back