YAY! Finally have my breeding/show stock! (Pics included)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR_ND

Reaction score
Made a trip to get a couple GSD puppies today and since it was on our route we picked up a few rabbits rabbits as well. I was planning on just getting Uno the 1 year old broken chocolate buck and the blue doe, but I got a black 2 1/2 month old doe as well (Expresso). Stopped by to pick up Uno and the lady showed us his parents and her other Polish rabbits. She posed him for us and showed us him. After I put him in the carrier and we were getting ready to leave she mentioned she had a 2 1/2 month old black doe for sale (Expresso). She got her out and we looked her over and I decided to go ahead and get her even though her ears are a bit longer than they're supposed to be, I hope she grows into them. The lady got the pedigrees and filled them out, she told us about her rabbits and showed us the parents etc. and then she offered to let me breed Expresso to anyone of her bucks for free once she is old enough and she also offered me a doe or 2 that they don't keep from one of her litters that has her best bloodlines in it, and it's for her standard 4-H price of $25. I'm really excited and hope I can get 1 or 2.

After that we stopped by the guy's place that had the blue doe. Man oh man does she have good body type, her grandpa won at a ARBA or Polish convention thing and her parents both had legs. I got her for his standard 4-H price. He said at a rabbit show he could get $75-$80 for her. Geez, I feel so lucky. I would say though he was in his upper 70s, lower 80s. He judged Polish rabbits for over 40 years and has been raising Dutch and Polish for quite a while, he recently had a heart attack so he's cutting back on his stock. The doe is kind of wild and scared because she didn't really get handled much, but I think once I gain her trust she will be a very nice doe. I can't wait to see what kind of babies she has and how she does on the show table. I had been planning on breeding her right away but after seeing how nice she is I decided to wait until after the show that's at the end of July. She's 10 months old right now and has never had a litter.

I need to decide on a good name for the blue doe. Any suggestions, her pedigree name is Cole's MC 76. The good thing is she is already tattooed so I don't have to do it.

Pics.

Attachments

• SAM_1803.JPG
    SAM_1803.JPG
    373.8 KB · Views: 497
  • SAM_1804.JPG
    SAM_1804.JPG
    396.1 KB · Views: 497
  • SAM_1806.JPG
    SAM_1806.JPG
    338.5 KB · Views: 497
  • SAM_1802.JPG
    SAM_1802.JPG
    380.9 KB · Views: 497
  • SAM_1801.JPG
    SAM_1801.JPG
    393.3 KB · Views: 497
  • SAM_1807.JPG
    SAM_1807.JPG
    370.2 KB · Views: 496
  • SAM_1808.JPG
    SAM_1808.JPG
    367.1 KB · Views: 496
  • SAM_1809.JPG
    SAM_1809.JPG
    382.4 KB · Views: 496
  • SAM_1810.JPG
    SAM_1810.JPG
    370.3 KB · Views: 496
That last Blue looks the nicest.
Perhaps it was just so well posed.
best of luck with your new Charges.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

They're workable, but the biggest problems I see just looking at the pictures are the loins and pinched hindquarters. You'll likely have to inject another bloodline or at least a stronger animal in both equations to get on the road to correcting it.

Latest posts

Back