• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Saanen Goats in Ohio

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heritage Homestead

Reaction score
My Mom is looking to get Saanen goats. Does anyone have any for sale or know of somewhere Mom can get one?

I opened your message and this in two tabs at the same time ;) hahaha.

yup I am selling my two saanen milk goats. both does. bred twice. they are good goats I just am wanting to get into Nigerian dwarfs. at the high of this years milking I was getting about 2 and a quarter gallons per day. now their production is down and I am only milking evenings but its still more milk then we drink here. I've been freezing almost all of it now.

they are about 3y/o. white/kinda really really light creamy swirling color, I call her moonbeam. and milkyway is slightly taller and longer teats and is a tan/cream swirling color.
moonbeam had a single buckling and milkyway had twin white and cream bucklings their first breeding (to a saanen buck). second breeding was to a pygmy/Nigerian buck and moonbeam had twin girls and milkyway had quads, two does and two bucklings.
moonbeam both times kidded two days after milkyway.

i'm asking 150 each. might do partial trade. definitely not able to transport.

How about NDs in Kansas? :D :p<br /><br />__________ Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:24 pm __________<br /><br />By the way, I have always heard Saanens have Baaaahd (lol get it) additudes... a lot are bullies.

OwnedByTheBuns":19rpozva said:
By the way, I have always heard Saanens have Baaaahd (lol get it) additudes... a lot are bullies.

that could be true of any goat. my family used to have up to 6 milkers and 2 bucks. I think highest amount of kids at once was 23. we had some extra nonmilking does for a little while then. and the does were all alpine mutts and the bucks were both HUGE saanens.

Yes, I know, but there are breeds that are more often bullies. Alpine aren't usually mean.

I've never heard of a mean Nubian... almost never. :D

OwnedByTheBuns":2ge8c232 said:
Yes, I know, but there are breeds that are more often bullies. Alpine aren't usually mean.

I've never heard of a mean Nubian... almost never. :D

I've seen mean goats of all breeds as well as super lovey lay in your lap adult goats of all breeds *shrugs*

from what I've seen it really is pretty generalized attitudes. Nubians are generally louder. other breeds will "yell" when they hear people but Nubians seem to just be really talkative. never had a Nubian before but I love the colorings and the faces and ears.

ohiogoatgirl,
When were you wanting them sold by? My Mom needs to sell some of our Shetland sheep before she can get goats. Would you be interested in a trade for a sheep? :lol:
Are your goats registered? And they are pure bred Saanens right?
Thanks!

Heritage Homestead":1tw7l3yg said:
ohiogoatgirl,
When were you wanting them sold by? My Mom needs to sell some of our Shetland sheep before she can get goats. Would you be interested in a trade for a sheep? :lol:
Are your goats registered? And they are pure bred Saanens right?
Thanks!

well I have been dying for sheep.. Shetland being one of the main breed interests... but I would only have that one ): wouldn't want it to be lonely and not sure it would stay in my fence..

not registered. should be pure.

not the best pics but...

moonbeam

milkway

they really are milk makin machines!!

milkway the day she kidded quads (feb 12 2013)

milkyway the morning I found her and her twins (may 3 2011)

moonbeam and her single (may 5 2011) {for some reason I cant find pic of her and this yr twins}

OwnedByTheBuns":todbxa2e said:
OBB do you test your goats for CAE and CL??

never tested any of my animals for anything. if it gets sick it doesn't stay is my motto.

Well, it's just that CAE, CL and Johnes are a big deal. I don't buy from people if they don't test just because it scares me. It's for the goats and the humans who buy them IMO.

Thanks for the pictures OGG! My Mom is still trying to decide what to do. I thought we were gettng just a goat, but now she says we might get 2 dairy sheep and a dairy goat. My Mom really likes sheep.
She has someone intrested in buying some ewes, so we'll see how things go.

things are getting crazy here, oh wait they are always crazy... but anyhow I need to know if she is interested in either/both of them. if not i'll be takin em to the auction. things are just changing for me and right now they are too much of what I really don't even use.

if I didn't really need the money i'd say i'd love to trade ya for some sheep! really! i'm dying for some sheep but its just not in the cards right now. and i'm way short on money all around *shrugs*

ohiogoatgirl":18f2y50p said:
i'm way short on money all around
I totally understand that feeling!

Right at this moment my Mom is not able to do anything. She does have someone that was interested in some ewes, but we haven't heard back from them. So, right now Mom wouldn't be able to get them. Hope you get a good price at the auction! They look like great goats!

Latest posts

Back