Would this be good for a small "colony"

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frecs

Reaction score
Thinking of options for the rescue rabbits coming my way... I saw this and not sure if it is flimsy garbage or a real steal of a deal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Wooden-Chic ... 0995150268

the reason I'm thinking of the possibility of a colony arrangement with these two rabbits is that they are living together out in the wild so perhaps they would get along together?

I think the ramp would be too steep for rabbits and I certainly wouldnt count on the kits figuring it out. You could build a small wooden house for the bottom but need to be cautious of drifting snow melting and soaking them.

They are probably excellent diggers so a very heavy gauge wire on floor would be a smart modification

Dood":16j29b83 said:
I think the ramp would be too steep for rabbits and I certainly wouldnt count on the kits figuring it out. You could build a small wooden house for the bottom but need to be cautious of drifting snow melting and soaking them.

They are probably excellent diggers so a very heavy gauge wire on floor would be a smart modification

I was concerned about the ramp as well. and you are right about the digging...they seem to have a reputation for digging good tunnels and fitting through very small spaces.

Looks neat but I don't see how they could possible sell it for that price. I'm reminded of the saying "if you think it seems too good to be true, you're probably right".

coyotejoe":57i8141b said:
Looks neat but I don't see how they could possible sell it for that price. I'm reminded of the saying "if you think it seems too good to be true, you're probably right".

yeah, I thought the same thing...I'm figuring that right at the last minute, the bids would go way up mysteriously. Either that or the thing is so flimsy it ain't worth the box to ship it in.

If you get it you can replace the ramp with blocks/shelves. I've found my rabbits always chose to jump up on something and then get to the highest spot, rather than taking a ramp if they get the choice. Even 4 week kits easily hop up and down on stuff. They hate the ramp though.

Back