Would mini lops make good meat rabbits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a7736100

Reaction score
They are so lay back and easy to handle. I'm thinking it may be worth it even if they don't yield as much meat.

There are other, bigger breeds that are laid back. My American Chinchillas are much easier to handle than my Mini Lops.

My New Californian buck is super easy to work with too, although most Cali's Ive know have been terrible so he is the exception and not the rule in my experience.

I have eaten Mini Lop, I barely got a pound of meat and wouldn't recommend them.

They make me nice meat rabbits.

It just depends how they are bred. Mines tend to dress out best around 10-12 weeks. I don't own a scale, so I have no clue how much comes off them. They have made me a nice dual purpose breed.

Of course, all rabbits are made of meat but...being the lazy sort, if I have to go to the trouble of dressing them out, I'd rather just do one and end up with 3 pounds than have to do 3 to get the same thing, LOL.

Mickey328":tdw3xkxx said:
Of course, all rabbits are made of meat but...being the lazy sort, if I have to go to the trouble of dressing them out, I'd rather just do one and end up with 3 pounds than have to do 3 to get the same thing, LOL.

Amen to that! Bonking rabbits on the head is not high on my favorite past times list. :roll:

Mickey328":362ffz3x said:

agree. All things being equal, I hate dressing rabbits, doing one is always better then doing three

Latest posts

Back