Worried about harlequin doe...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbits By DK

Raising rabbits for meat and pelts since Feb. '23
Reaction score
I bred her 11-28-23 with a buck (both proven) and she was due 1-26-24 but hasn't given birth yet. Is that normal or is she infertile?

They have 13 hours of light per day, so light is not the problem. She has plenty of food and water.

Anyone know what's wrong, or if anything is wrong?

I bred her 11-28-23 with a buck (both proven) and she was due 1-26-24 but hasn't given birth yet. Is that normal or is she infertile?

They have 13 hours of light per day, so light is not the problem. She has plenty of food and water.

Anyone know what's wrong, or if anything is wrong?
Some simply don't take in colder weather. Everyone I know here in my area had at least 1 doe not pregnant after exposure. No help ,but I feel it happens. Having said that some does go over. Technically you are at 31 days? there any signs? My 1 doe goes 33 days.

Wait, you bred her at the end of November? And you think she was due two days ago?
Rabbits only take around 32 days to have their Kits
And even if you meant bred at the end of December, some Does take a couple extra days before they have them

Wait, you bred her at the end of November? And you think she was due two days ago?
Rabbits only take around 32 days to have their Kits
And even if you meant bred at the end of December, some Does take a couple extra days before they have them
Sorry, I wrote it wrong... I bred her end of december. And she actually started nesting later today so I think she's fine. Sorry for the trouble!

Back