Wood for nest boxes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new here, so I could be wrong, but I thought cedar was bad for bunnies?

Now that you mention it mize I think I heard that too.

I made my nest boxes out of OSB plywood and screws. Think I had some oak 2x4's connecting some pieces too.

I would use pine instead of cedar.

Some people use cardboard boxes, plastic bins, wire framed boxes, and other things. There are lots of options out there.

*fingers crossed for popples for you soon*

I have used osb, pine wire and cardboard. I like the ones I made out of osb the best.
the rabbits do not seem to chew on it as much.

I could use plastic, I just don't like how they're not very sturdy. Hmm, maybe I'll just make heavier bottoms.

But if I want lidded ones, I'd like to make them.

if you want plastic litter boxes, they are easy to make.
I bought a couple of the sterlite plastic boxes with lids with them. the ones where the top is wider than the bottom.
I glued the lids on. I turned them so the lid (wide) side was on the bottom. I uses a soldering iron and melted the entry
hole on one end of the box. then I poked the hot soldering iron all over the sides for air holes. I did not want the inside of the box to become too hot or humid.
these boxes worked well until the does figured they tasted good, they chewed them to bits.

Latest posts

Back