wonderful few days

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailwagging

Reaction score
Friday a friend (1 of our state senators) and his wife got their bunnies. so we bought a GPS (thank goodness!).
Saturday went to a rabbit show to diver 2 pair of cremes who are off to FL. Got my 4 new two compartment, double galvanized, carriers with dra-trays trimmed in royal blue. 7 e-z j feeders, 8 e-z crocks, 25 cage/carrier snap id card holders, two back up auto water nipples. Got to talk chicken with one friend and animal law with another.
Two Wicci friends dance a little dance/chant to keep “the meanies“ away from me... Not that I am wicci but it is nice to know they care =)

I got to meet Georgia Peach!

Stopped at a thrift store and found some old truly useful craft books and one neat one on insects.

Today went out with one of our bee class teachers to help “work the hives” we have no bee gear so we wore knit laundry bags over hats. Lol it was great!
We saw brood, capped brood, pollen, nectar, the queens,queen cells, drone cells, drones hatching! And drone junk/wedding tackle
Also hive beetles and hbs lava (not good but good to know what they look like) bag feeders, two nuc in one med super ON TOP of a full hive.

AND on top of it all
We found a swarm!

Soo we got to help catch it with a 5 gallon bucket on a pole with a rope pull down the pole to shut the lid and transfer it to a hive box! Sooo cool!!!

Sadly after that we had to leave to meet a lady coming down from NC to get her rabbits.

But it was wonderful

We got more snow- it stunk- You had a far superior weekend to ours- glad you had a great time!!!

I am sorry you got snow =(

it was one of those weekends that you look back and "ahhhh that was nice, fun and productive"

That sounds like a wonderful few days. I love it when that happens.

We managed to get a veggie bed planted, some work done on our new rabbit cage, and re-worked an outside brooder and got the chicks I am growing for my mom outside. Not as exciting as your days, but productive farm days and I love those days.

I shoveled snow, then I shoveled snow, then I shoveled snow, then for a change of pace I cleared snow off my truck. I will be going out this morning and shoveling snow AND clearing off my truck.
This is getting OLD :angry:

Spring can show up any time now :popcorn:

We had beeeeaaaauuutiful weather here this weekend. I was able to get the loquat tree planted, a shade garden started by the new wheelchair ramp built for mom, two climbing rose bushes planted, and some other yard clean-up tasks done. Had the second in a series of rabbit hutches delivered and split the bunnies in the grow-out pen up with half going into the new hutch. Then, cleaned up and took Momma shopping (and pre-paid an order of raw Jersey milk for pickup next weekend). Church on Sunday and enjoyed a lunch with friends afterward and then a relaxing evening.

(I also ordered two books off Amazon! "Nourishing Traditions" and "Eat Fat, Lose Fat"...now get to enjoy the anticipation of their arrival to my doorstep!)

An ugly pattern is emerging- folks in the South have more fun than us in the North!!

Sounds like fun!
We also got snow just over a foot in 3 days! Got stuck in my driveway 2x lol!
I was busy this weekend, had rabbits go to 2 different photoshoots and another one today! Kids are so cute when they see bunnies :)

Marinea":3d2ev6rg said:
That sounds like a wonderful few days. I love it when that happens.

We managed to get a veggie bed planted, some work done on our new rabbit cage, and re-worked an outside brooder and got the chicks I am growing for my mom outside. Not as exciting as your days, but productive farm days and I love those days.

ooohhh new chicks!!! we still need to do the veggie thing...

__________ Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:33 pm __________

3mina":3d2ev6rg said:
I shoveled snow, then I shoveled snow, then I shoveled snow, then for a change of pace I cleared snow off my truck. I will be going out this morning and shoveling snow AND clearing off my truck.
This is getting OLD :angry:

Spring can show up any time now :popcorn:

I am sorry :(

__________ Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:34 pm __________

Frecs":3d2ev6rg said:
We had beeeeaaaauuutiful weather here this weekend. I was able to get the loquat tree planted,

Do tell me how your loquat tree does!! I have been wanting two.

__________ Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:35 pm __________

Honorine":3d2ev6rg said:
An ugly pattern is emerging- folks in the South have more fun than us in the North!!

yes we do :twisted:
until summer<br /><br />__________ Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:36 pm __________<br /><br />
Kyle@theHeathertoft":3d2ev6rg said:
Awesome, sounds like a few great days!!! :)
oh it was fun. it was.

Latest posts

Back