Wide or High?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shara

Reaction score
So looking at my litter out of Luna, I have a VERY wide, heavy black kit. That IS NOT the color I was hoping to save, but I could save it, if its a doe, and butcher Luna. The two torts, one of which I was wanting to save for the color, are both skinnier and high, they have the topline that Cedar is lacking. So I am thinking which I would rather have. Ignoring standards and everything but your own preferances in meat animals...would you rather have wide or high, and for what reasons?<br /><br />__________ Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:48 pm __________<br /><br />No one? Oh well, lol.

because of cedar I think I would choose high. high, to me, means longer loin and more space for babies, maybe bigger litters. If I did not have a low meaty buck, I would choose the wide rabbit--more meat being produced more efficiently. Really you want both wide and high. However I am still learning...and I may be wrong.

Cool! I was thinking because of how LOW Cedar is, and how wide, I could keep a tort, and still get the meat.

That black kit is gonna taste something AWESOME!

Back