Why we shoot deer in the wild- amusing post from FaceBook

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lastfling":1euzo74z said:
"The Skunk Ladder", I laugh just thinking about it. That was a great story and McManus was a great storyteller. Another one that comes to mind was about bringing the deer home on a bicycle.

I was always partial to his "Grasshopper trap". He has a talent of inciting extreme laughter, even when you've read the story several times before.

Stephanie":1mvoa40x said:
Lastfling":1mvoa40x said:
"The Skunk Ladder", I laugh just thinking about it. That was a great story and McManus was a great storyteller. Another one that comes to mind was about bringing the deer home on a bicycle.

I was always partial to his "Grasshopper trap". He has a talent of inciting extreme laughter, even when you've read the story several times before.
He is my kind of story teller! I read the Skunk Ladder via the link above... I might be putting his books on my wishlist now!

Hubby has a Pat McManus collection. I've read most of them. Very entertaining.

I will also recommend "The Jack Tales". They are old folk tales from the appalachians written with the accent they were originally told. My dad originally told me about them. His brother used to read them to the entire family at night before they had television (or even electricity 1950's they were very poor).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W2N ... TF8&btkr=1

alforddm":18t2zmnc said:
... used to read them to the entire family at night before they had television (or even electricity 1950's they were very poor).

My spouse and I would stay up with our sons, sometimes till 2AM, taking turns reading to each other and laughing our heads off. And, we had a TV. But, this was much more fun.

Homer":177r92y9 said:
I resemble that remark!
Smile-If-Your-A-Redneck-1.gif
:laugh2:
"I resemble that remark..." You beat me to it, Homer! :lol:
Didn't I read a thread somewhere about how trying to domesticate cottontails wouldn't work? It's kind of the same, isn't it? Deer aren't cattle.
When I was a kid in northern Illinois, I remember hearing that the local ER treated a man who picked up a road killed deer in his station wagon. It came back to life, kicked out all the windows, and put him in the hospital.
And by the way..."If you've eaten roadkill... You might be a redneck!"?
Well... Yea... A deer... But it was fresh. :whistle:
This all reminds me of Ray Stevens' Mississippi Squirrel Revival.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go look up that skunk ladder thing. :D

Ray Stevens is a family favorite! You could see the light bulb go off in my oldest's head when he watched the Squirrel Revival - we had to tell him multiple times that he absolutely could not let any critters loose in the church :roll:

Latest posts

Back