why my dwarf that is 37 days pregnant has not given birth?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly027

Reaction score
I have a dwarf rabbit that looks and acts like she is pregnant. Her personal has changed and what she eats has changed.you can see and feel movements like there are kits in her still. I check her cage & playpen everyday to see if any blood or kits butno. She has always been a actactivity rabbit. She lays down on her side now. Which she has been doing for 3 weeks. She has not made a nest or pulled her fur but this is her first pregnancy. You can feel like 3-4 kitz and seethem moving and her body moving. What should we do?

Hope she have her litter in a day or so.

My really laid back mutt had a litter of 8 today. She probably had it just before me picking her up because I got a drop of blood on my t shirt. She was so calm and mellow yesterday when I picked her up. I wasn't even sure she was pregnant but she gave birth right on the dot. She did make a good fur nest but must have been just before or after giving birth.

If she doesn't have them in the next couple of days, I suggest that you try rebreeding her at day 40. It will stimulate her into having the kits then. Hope it works out for you.

I believe this is an accidental litter so no desire to rebreed. You can have xrays done at the vet to confirm the state of pregnancy and number of kits but it's not cheap and not an option everywhere. Day 40 is usually where people decide a doe is not bred. Watch her alertness and appetite. As long as she still acts healthy you just have to wait and see.

Sagebrush we were trying to get her pregnant. When we let her play with my neighborhood rabbit which she does most of the time this last time they mated, so after that we don't put them together anymore. I don't want her pregnant all the time. If i was to rebreed her would she get pregnant again? I don't want that. She is a Netherland dwarf.

-- 20142014-10-01T14:54:34+00:0031, 1 2014 11:01 pm.10. --

She laying around lots today. Night im going to put her old cage in my room with her water,pellets and timothy hay and she was happends tonight. My room is in the back of the house it will be more quiet and i can keep a eye on her to. Thanks everyone for the advice. This is nice to me. The internet is saying all kinds of things. So o got confess. Your help is what i needed thanks. I will let you know any news i will have.

-- 20142014-10-01T18:43:43+00:0031, 1 2014 11:01 pm.10. --

she and the buck just rebreed. we will have to see if this gets her into larbor tonight or tomorrow. i hope it does.

-- 20142014-10-02T06:10:55+00:0031, 1 2014 11:01 am.10. --

No kits yet. I gave her a tum with her pellets this morning. Only time will tell. <br /><br /> -- 20142014-10-02T06:11:50+00:0031, 1 2014 11:01 am.10. -- <br /><br /> No kits yet. I gave her a tum with her pellets this morning. Only time will tell.

I wouldn't keep feeding her tums. They're not designed for rabbits. If she's eating her pellets and hay and drinking water I wouldn't worry about her. She's probably not bred. Although if you bred her again you may be looking at kits in another month or so. Lots of female rabbits get hormonal even when they've never been bred. I have a doe who makes nests all the time and is very territorial and she's never been with any other rabbits. If you're not prepared for kits, I wouldn't keep introducing her to a male.
Good luck,
- TBF

thanks for the advice everyone. I was worried about my rabbit so I found a vet and took the rabbit to the vet today. and the vet they did a exam on the rabbit and found out it is a boy not girl. I asked the vet how come it looked like a girl. the vet said sometimes when they are small it is are to tell. she told me he is healthy and it a dwarf but she can't tell which kind and can't tell old he is. but they think he is 9months to a year old. I told the vet how he has been eating. they said just some rabbit eat lots and are picky eaters. the vet told me to give him all that timothy hay I want. and no more alfa hay. and give him 1/4 cup of his pellets and feed the veggies the same I always do. the vet said he is very healthy and now fat. they weigh him and cut his nails for me to. my dwarf boy rabbit weights 2.97 pounds. my oldest daughter was looking forward to having baby bunnies around. I'm glad I took our rabbit to the vet today...

:p I guess the sex change fairy doesn't care about age anymore.
She usually strikes the young ones. Ya know that beautiful big doe that is perfect for your breeding stock. At six weeks becomes a buck!!! :shock:

Or as what happened in my case was a really sweet young buckling with what appeared to be a split turns out to be a really sweet doe.

Latest posts

Back