Whooo hoooo!!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3mina

Reaction score
My first Silver Fox litter was kindled today! Seven fat little wigglers. Today is day 33. Mostly blues I think. I'll post a link in a little bit.

3mina":1ywuigw9 said:
My first Silver Fox litter was kindled today! Seven fat little wigglers. Today is day 33. Mostly blues I think. I'll post a link in a little bit.

Well good for you mama! :cigar: Are you passing out cigars?

concreteblonde":2yjn8mq2 said:
3mina":2yjn8mq2 said:

Well good for you mama! :cigar: Are you passing out cigars?

Since this is a family oriented forum, it would be irresponsible of me to do so :mrgreen:

She dumped the box last night but I'm happy to report no casualties, the best part of having the herd in my basement :D
My second doe kindled yesterday (day 34). 5 blacks, 2 blues
The first doe had 4 blacks and 3 blues.
So I've got two very grunty, growly girls right now, I'm wearing gloves when I go into cages for the moment. They're charging and the one girl tried very hard to keep me out of her cage but I'm not worried about it being permanent, I'm happy to see them being good mums.
I've been trying for two days to post a link but it's not happening right now, I have no idea why but I can't get it to work right.

:( but :). That's why I pull my boxes.

Isis was a biter the first litter, I'm so glad I didn't cull her (giggles). Hope these does do their jobs . Congrats.

The_Dutchess":jipeomtm said:
Ugh, I want SF's SOOOOOO BAAAAAD!!!!

Hope your does settle down soon! :)

You could come get mine if you were closer to Ohio. :twisted:

My smaller doe tried to bite me last night when I went to open the door to check the nest, lucky for me she's been charging the door as soon as I get close so I've been wearing gloves for the last couple of days.
I don't think she'd open me up but I don't want to be tentative around the girls and the gloves make me feel better. I can keep our relationship on a good note that way :)

They poke themselves on the glove and startle themselves and then they hide in the corner then do it again next time. They aren't even boxing me, just charging. Every time I check them it's a bit less intense so I'm not concerned about them at all.
I put one glove on the floor of the cage while I as checking the nest and Abbey started tasting it.

This is the most productive winter ever for me, 26 kits total, 19 that belong to me.

The Rex litters eyes are starting to open, it's day 9 & 10

The only reason I've got litters right now is the fact I moved the rabbits into my basement. Whipple ended up having to move so my herd had to find a new home and I was desperate enough to try putting them indoors. They're quite happy down there and it's going to be an interesting challenge figuring out a new breeding schedule now that I'm not limited to March through August.

3mina":rzqjvc4y said:
She dumped the box last night but I'm happy to report no casualties, the best part of having the herd in my basement :D
My second doe kindled yesterday (day 34). 5 blacks, 2 blues
The first doe had 4 blacks and 3 blues.
So I've got two very grunty, growly girls right now, I'm wearing gloves when I go into cages for the moment. They're charging and the one girl tried very hard to keep me out of her cage but I'm not worried about it being permanent, I'm happy to see them being good mums.
I've been trying for two days to post a link but it's not happening right now, I have no idea why but I can't get it to work right.

Sigh, heavy sigh! All I get are FL White rabbits and more FL White rabbits. But at least they are cute! I'm wishing someone would come out with a different color variation but then what in the world would they name it?

concreteblonde":3102dyne said:
All I get are FL White rabbits and more FL White rabbits. But at least they are cute! I'm wishing someone would come out with a different color variation but then what in the world would they name it?

Florida Flavors?

Concreteblonde, have you looked at Havanas? Same size as FW, amazing fur and several colours to choose from.

MamaSheepdog":1ovoo072 said:
concreteblonde":1ovoo072 said:
All I get are FL White rabbits and more FL White rabbits. But at least they are cute! I'm wishing someone would come out with a different color variation but then what in the world would they name it?

Florida Flavors?

Might work!

Florida Hot Chocolate
Florida Hot Sauce
Florida Ice Blue

:roll:<br /><br />__________ Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:30 am __________<br /><br />
3mina":1ovoo072 said:
Concreteblonde, have you looked at Havanas? Same size as FW, amazing fur and several colours to choose from.

Not until just now. Wow, those looking a LOT like FL Whites only colored!!!

Hope they get the lilac going. I like the broken ones. Wish the chocolate wasn't quite so dark chocolate though, but I suppose those that are into shows probably like the darker the better.

Those suckers look like FL White's shadows!!! I didn't even know they existed and now I gotta get one or two, or three...oh goodness don't let my husband hear that!

3mina":mnncuvmy said:
From what I understand, FW were developed from Havana sports.
Yet another breed on the list, sigh.

Wow, I can't stop thinking about it! Colored FL Whites, LOL! Only Havana's don't come in white. I can't believe this!

Somebody quick! Get me an inoculation!!!

Back