Who is attending Skiatook, OK 3/30?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh, I would love to go, but don't think I will have the funds ... will have to wait and see. I also don't have any English Angoras that will be in coat then, either :( Maybe one or two of the juniors might be ready ... and I may have one or two junior Silver Foxes that could go ... have to check!

Are the black SF going? :D

It'll probably be a good one to go to if you raise small breeds. At least two of the judges they've hired lean very heavily toward smaller rabbits in BIS competition.

I always see these posts after the shows. The kids and I went. We picked up 3 more Rex. It was a pretty good show. The FFA barn was packed full. We can't wait for the Haskell show!

The show was good, and the show was bad. Good in that my jr doe placed BOSB against an adult buck BOB winner (congrats Julie of Bartons Big Bunnies) and won a leg. Bad in that for the second show 3 breeders left so there was only two of us showing, so not enough breeders for either of us to win that second leg.

Good in that I got some good feedback on my jrs. More than helped me make some final culling decisions about who will stick around to become AKF brood stock. Bad in that the barn was SO jam packed it wasn't even funny. No room, no walkways, lots of dirt and mud. Seriously had to walk OVER carry cages to get rabbits to the table. I found (forced) enough room for my cart. All 6 cages stayed stacked on it all day.

Good in that I found a beautiful, HUGE, pedigreed, show quality pair of Flemish Giants. The buck is black. The doe is light grey (most breeds call it chinchilla). Parents of these two are 18-19 lbs. Doe weighs over 12 lbs at 5 months old. Buck is over 7 lbs at 10 weeks old. Bad in the fact that black is my least favorite color for a rabbit, and this guy is a WILD THANG! Already making plans to ship him off first chance I get.

Looking forward to Haskell. It is April 20th (I think, whatever that weekend date is). I've heard its as many people with half the space. Can't possibly see that working out. Most of the same judges as Skiatook. Considering other options, but haven't found anything close yet. Really nothing else coming up then until fall, so will probably attend just to try for those second jr legs.

Not to keep the topic running, but were there msny commercial breed rabbits there(i.e., NZ, Calif, Satins, Champagnes, Palominos, etc.), or was it mainly small breeds with large breeds mostly consisting of Flemish, Checkereds, French Lops, etc.?

Never been to the show, and I'm just gauging it for a possible future show date. Any info you could provide will be appreciated.

Can't answer for most of those, as I spent most of my time either shopping or showing. Have no interest in NZ, Calif, Checkered so didn't even pay any attention when they were on the table.

Lots of Flemish. My sister has satins and bought a couple of nice ones, but the class wasn't all that big. She showed the only 3 Silver Fox. I think there were very few D'Argents, whether cream or champagne, probably less than 5 total.

Tons of Holland and mini lops, mini rex and neth dwarfs. Surprisingly, more mini satans than I expected. Quite a few large, wooly rabbits. I don't know if they were English or French angoras...I don't know the difference.

Definitely going to the Haskell show now. Hubby is planning on meeting with his long-lost daughter he hasn't seen in over 20 years. Also got bunnies sold to be picked up at the show.

It was a good show. Thank you luvabunny for the shout out above.
Springs did great in the show. He won BOB & BOV in show A & B. Unfortunatly like luvabunny said above several breeders left & that cost Springs his GC leg. But I'm confident that he will get his GC leg very soon.
Mist did very well too. She was only 2.5mos old and she won BOSV in both show A & B with very nice comments from both judges.
Clover placed 2nd to Mist in both shows.
I'm very proud of all my elops! I love this breed so much & can't wait for the next show!

Back