Who had rabbit for Easter dinner?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
My dogs did!!!

I processed a bunch of rabbits last week on Friday and Saturday- mostly adult bucks- and cut and wrapped the meat today. Front legs were packaged for "bunny wings," thighs packed two per package, and loins individually wrapped. All of the rib cages went to the dogs, cut up into portions.

I also had two extremely large carcasses that developed some type of mildew or mold on them... they smelled fine, but since we had so many carcasses that weren't questionable, I cut those up for the pooches as well.

We had a VERY happy pack of dogs, as can be seen by the pictures below. :)

IMG_9299.JPG
IMG_9300.JPG
IMG_9290.JPG
London (London Fog, the Foggy Dog) took her rabbit meat into ColliePup's latest outdoor oven creation so the other dogs couldn't steal her bounty;
IMG_9292.JPG
Cavan and Talon disputing the ownership of a piece of rabbit:
IMG_9294.JPG
Levi taking the last piece of rabbit from Ely:
IMG_9304.JPG

Well we didn't have rabbit on Easter Day but we did have rabbit the night before. :lol: I had just butchered 9 and was running late so I just stuck one in the smoker wrapped in bacon while I finished feeding all the animals. I only cooked it for a little over an hr but it was good. I wished I had seasoned it a bit with something but as I was trying to finish feeding before it got dark and didn't even salt and pepper it :lol:

One of my boys (the 6 year old) LOVES Bunny BBQ sandwiches and it worked great for that.

MSD, how many pups in your pack? Looks like heaven to me!

We were going to try a new recipe but chickened out... Literally! :chicken:
Didn't want to risk wasting good meat. Turns out, it was really good. If it works as well with rabbit, I'll post it.

A few weeks ago, I was talking with my sister-in-laws husband. He mentioned that he had seen an antique, cast iron pan for making little bunny shaped cornbreads, and thought it would be funny to use it to make little bunny meatloafs.
Of course, with Easter coming, I pictured this whole scenario with a little kid digging into his Easter basket, taking a big bite of his "chocolate" bunny, and getting this horrible look on his face... Then Mommy saying, "That's not chocolate, Dear. It's Easter bunny meat."
...:-o, :cry:, :cry:, "WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Yeah, sick, I know. :roll:

Back