which would you get?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooh, geese! I'd pick the geese!

Seriously, the pictures don't show much except cute... wait until you see them to make a choice. Look for a doe with good meat rabbit qualities, great health and a nice disposition.

I would pick the Standard Rex,
only because they make good meat and show rabbits
and the Rex fur. Strictly for meat,
I might choose the Champagnes. Like Maggie stated,
go by the quality and type.
Ottersatin.

Avoid the flemish cross and any other giant breeds because flemish have thicker bones so you will get a lower meat to bone ratio. Most people I talked to liked the Argents better than rex for meat but personally I don't know how they compare and I know nothing about palomino but did find this article http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... html?cat=7 . I do have some champagne d'argent does and I'm getting some creme. I like them but I haven't butchered any yet. The guy I got the champagnes from preferred them over new zealands mostly because he thought they were easier to handle, didn't stress as easily, and threw better litters but it may just be the lines he's worked with.

well i have seen the babies the flemish cross throws when you breed him the a palomino or d'argent.... nice meaty babies i held and played with them. so i am thinking him and 2 does a palomino and a d'argent depends on if i can get the palomino i want thier other has large littes but only had like 5 live babies out of the last litter. they said when they get bigger they are healthy but a newborns they lost a lot. AND they have a whole litter hey caught from thier escaped rabbit that are half mini rex just like my one i was trying to sell. so i will get a buck from that litter and sell the babies i get from them around easter. small and cute and they have broken red/palomino and white and adorable as all get out so i am definatly getting a buck from them on that one. plus a doe or two it truely depends on if they will come down on the flemish giat cross price or not they want 25 for him. plus 25 for the palomino i want if they can catch her. so it depends but i will definately get pictures and show them to you when i get them home

idont have any experience with any of the breeds mentioned, but i have always been interested in the champagne ive read its bred as a meat rabbit. plus their looks are superb.

if i had to choose one id go with the champ. course im a firm believer in buying with a purpose in mind and then buy from a breeder that actually breeds toward that purpose.

Back