Where to put the new rabbit tractor?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drowe005

Reaction score
I just recently built a smaller rabbit tractor, 5 feet by 3 feet, and am hopefully going to use it for the first time tommorow. My plan is not to have rabbits live in the tractor full time, but on nice days, selectively place 1 or 2 rabbits in at a time to mess around on the ground. A majority of the greenage where I will have the tractor at is white clover, with what I guess I would call regular grass, and this other plant I dont know what it is, smaller green textured leaves with a taller narrow purple flower that grows in the middle. Are there any common plants that grown in the yard I should try to avoid putting the tractor on? Would placing the tractor on a decent size plot of clover be OK? As for now I don't have a dig out prevention in place on the bottom, so their times inside will be limited to around an hour so I can watch and make sure theres no attempted escapes in the meanwhile.

If your rabbits are not accustomed to good quantities of greens, an hour's access to clover, which is rich, could cause bloat. I strongly suggest feeding them the clover in their cages, starting with a small handful and working it up beofre putting them in the tractor.

You need to identify the plants your rabbits have access to and make sure there is nothing toxic. It is impossible for me to make even a guess as to what hazards may be there.

Another thing to watch out for is exposing the rabbits to sun for more than a few minutes. The temperatures may not be all that high, but every year someone loses a rabbit to heat stroke when trying to give them outdoor time. It can happen very fast.

Latest posts

Back