Where can I purchase the plastic door guards?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
Where is the best (and least expensive) place to purchase the plastic door guards that you see around the hole that you put the rabbit in? Like the black ones in the picture attached.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Rabbit cage wanted1.jpg
    Rabbit cage wanted1.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 921
I believe those are plastic spine bars made to use for documents, any office supply store will have them.

Personally I just installed metal corner bead on my homemade cages, I bought 8 feet of it at Home Depot in the drywall section for $1.98 and they cut it into 2' strips for me in the tool rental area. I was able to cut it with good scissors and I used my c-ring pliers (regular pliers would work too) to crimp it around the edges. I like that they can't be nibbled on and they seem more secure.

Edited to add the photo of where I got the idea from, not my cage.

Attachments

• cs.jpg
    cs.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 914
STRrabbits":2s1cu0hr said:
I believe those are plastic spine bars made to use for documents, any office supply store will have them.

Personally I just installed metal corner bead on my homemade cages, I bought 8 feet of it at Home Depot in the drywall section for $1.98 and they cut it into 2' strips for me in the tool rental area. I was able to cut it with good scissors and I used my c-ring pliers (regular pliers would work too) to crimp it around the edges. I like that they can't be nibbled on and they seem more secure.

Edited to add the photo of where I got the idea from, not my cage.
I know that some do use the document cover spines for this. You can get a box of 100 for ~$20... you choose sheet capacity (width of opening) and color - white or black. http://www.amazon.com/C-Line-Binding-40 ... B0006HWA4Q

I like that metal bead! :)

Latest posts

Back